My brand spanking new Casio F-105. It is only less than a day, but I like it so far. 😘

Last time I wore a digital watch was decades ago.

Here’s the electro-luminescent backlight. Can you tell I’m not used to take photo in the dark? 😅

• kjoOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I was looking for an alternative for Casio F-91W and this model came up. Good thing I chose this too, because larger models will appear comical on my wrist.

• Thordros [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

electro-luminescent backlight

Ohhhhhhhh! I was really confused for a sec when I saw “EL BACKLIGHT” on one of the buttons. I thought it was just a really crummy translation into Spanish.

• kjoOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

The manual warned that its frequent use will shorten the battery life, but I can’t stop pressing it. 😝

• Որբունի@jlai.lu
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Batteries are cheap and it only takes a small screwdriver… you’ll get tired of the light before you kill the battery anyway.

• CO5MO ✨@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Casio has a store locator online! & obv you can purchase online from many different sites! For Japanese only models, you can find reputable seller websites, like Sakura watches, or eBay.

• kjoOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

You mean digital watches? I bought it from online marketplace.

• kjoOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Yep: affordable, functional, good looking too!

• OR3X@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I would be in heaven if Casio would make this exact watch but with the ability to do a vibration and show a little bell icon on the display when you get a notification on your phone. No fancy pants smart watch functions just a regular old Casio that can alert you when you get a notification. I know this isn’t really possible because adding Bluetooth would decimate the battery, but I’m so disillusioned with all the smart watches that have full color displays and a million features I never use when all I really want is to tell time and be alerted to notifications without hearing a sound.

• 7bicycles [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Have you checked out the Xiao Mi Smart Bands? They come with the fitness thing and for notifications to work you gotta have the app and pair it to your phone (obv.) but you can disable mostly everything and the battery holds for like 2 weeks or so.

I use mine pretty much only to get wrist vibration and also for music control

• kjoOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

You jest! But my wallet is sweating in fear 🤑

• kjoOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

This watch is so light and small I can wear them anytime.