I’m not great at understanding a lot of the technical aspects of the different pc parts, and especially figuring out where any potential bottle necks are. I’m thinking that the gpu is my biggest issue right now, but I’d hate to spend the money and not get a huge improvement in performance.

p.s. I’m leaning towards the RX 6600 for a budget friendly upgrade, but I’d be open to other similarly priced suggestions.

Update: thanks for all of the advice y’all. I ended up spending a bit more for a 6650xt.

• Sha'ul@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Then spend every dollar you can on a video card to power the dual 1440’s. Then work towards buying a new motherboard and processor.

• Turun@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

What games do you want to play and how sensitive to low fps are you? I disagree strongly with the top level comment. The fact that you have two displays doesn’t matter and you are limited to 60Hz anyway.

I have a 1070 for two 1440p and one 1080p monitor. But since I don’t play any demanding games I’ll wait out the Nvidia 5000 series before buying anything new.