• kittenbridgeasteroid
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This is my wife. All of her clients love her, but the people she works for always hate her.

• Haui
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Thats me as well. My customers usually love me because I‘m honest, I don’t go back on my promises and make stuff happen.

My bosses usually don’t like that because it costs more to stand by the stuff you say. They don’t have the foresight to see that a lost customer is much more expensive than keeping a promise. Or they see it, but just dont care.

Thats why I‘m usually the boss. Either self employed or otherwise.

• kittenbridgeasteroid
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

For my wife I think it’s because she puts so much effort into her job that it makes the people who were just coasting look bad, or makes them have to do more work. Those people are usually her bosses.

• Haui
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

That absolutely make sense. It’s the same for me and even for my wife (who also is on the spectrum).

In any case: I‘m glad you embrace the integrity of your wife. Cheers!

• Comment105@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

A rarely mentioned autistic quirk.

While scammy hustle culture is neurotypical.

• torpak
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

While common, it’s sadly not universal. Scammy autistic assholes do exist, even though I would bet that they are less frequent than in general population.

• kittenbridgeasteroid
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yup, that’s part of the problem, that darn sense of justice.

She also doesn’t understand that people are, by and large, selfish assholes who only care about themselves most of the time, and any perceived negative behavior or actions towards her is very likely subconscious and they’d be mortified if confronted with it. She won’t confront them, and she won’t let me do it.

• BOMBS@lemmy.worldOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

I’m so happy you guys found each other. Any tips on how to find autistic/aspie girls? I’m in my early 40s

• kittenbridgeasteroid
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Do you also tend to learn a new job very quickly and actually put effort into doing well? I’m convinced that’s why she’s had trouble at every job she’s had.

At every job, her manager also had the same job duties, so my suspicion is that they secretly resent having to work harder to not look bad.

• Apathy Tree@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yea, and then get burned out and bored because it stagnates and no recognition happens for going above and beyond to do well. I additionally get frustrated when I suggest optimizations (something I’m just wired to find) and they are ignored. Even when they could make a huge positive impact.

Sort of a double-whammy for never wanting to stay put long. About a year is the most I can stay with a single job before it all gets overwhelming (lack of recognition, hostility, burnout).

My current job wanted me to move into management to make these things happen, but I don’t want -more- work, I want to have my perspective appreciated damnit!