I hope this is the right place to post.

I need to use Facebook for work and it’s an account I made that originally I wasn’t going to add anyone. But ended up having coworkers adding me so I post once in awhile, mostly work related to seem social so I can move up and around the company. I can just get on whenever I need something work related but I’ve realized, I should “network” by looking at others posts and liking it and whatnot. But I’m so annoyed by all these spam, and the fact that the news feed aren’t in order. Ugh.

I’ve got ad blocker. I don’t have the fb app. I use the website on my Firefox mobile browser.

Is there any way to block all posts that isn’t from people I know?

Update: Thanks for the suggestion of Friendly app. It works! Hopefully I get push notifications too so I don’t keep missing opportunities on group postings. No, I cannot stop using fb when all work stuff are in multiple groups that I need to make my life simpler. And no, I don’t use a computer at work or have a work phone.

• keenkeeper@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Thanks for this! So far so good. I’ve tried searching for alternatives on searching duckduckgo, old.reddit, and searching Lemmy first before making this post.

• VicksVaporBBQrub@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

There exists filter block lists, userscripts, browser add-ons, the old-old mbasic mobile version of the FB website, and webview apps like Frost. But it’s quite well-known now big sites like Twitter, FB, Reddit, etc, are using dynamic ever-changing anti-adblock techniques. It is quite exhausting keeping up with which solution works today and which one doesn’t… “a cat and mouse game”.

In honest, it’s not Reddit-like hate here. Just comments experience consistant of, “well, I myself have tried all the tricks and at end of it, I’m tired, I gained little to nothing out of it. Try walking away from it maybe”. Or like me, use FB sparingly – like credit cards, ex-girlfriends, or M.S.G. in food.