I am now officially a moderator here!

I’ll set up an automatic post on Monday, I’m busy this weekend.

Have a good one everyone!

• Stanwich@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Spent all night up with my autistic/ bipolar son having a manic rage/ screaming episode until 1 in the morning. Got up at 4 am for my 12 hour shift in the mill. I’ve had better but I hope everyone else is having a great day!

• ShunkW@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

So far so good. My best friend is in town. We had a light breakfast so we can gorge ourselves on an amazing Indian food buffet later today. After that, who knows? Probably a nap lol.

• Amphobet@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

There’s an Indian food buffet right next to where I work and it’s really good. I went there a few times… but the last time I did, I got sick. Like, projectile vomiting sick. Not sure I wanna go back. _;

• ShunkW@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

That’s a bummer, and part of the risk with buffets unfortunately. Fortunately the one we went to seemed pretty clean, and they had have sanitizer at the beginning of the line that it seemed like everyone was using. So far, no issues, and I got to introduce my friend to some new Indian dishes she hadn’t tried yet. She really loved the chicken mughlai.

• C2N14@lemmy.blue
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I need to move into a big city in a different country to start my first job in less than two weeks and I’m feeling all of the emotions and worry that I might crumble under the stress.

However, I ate a big churro for breakfast and it was so fucking good so everything is great.

• AA5B@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Slept in, playing with the dog.

Later I need to take my teen to a benefit for his coach retiring - 50 minutes drive, and he’ll be there 4 hours. Should I drive all the way back just to make the round trip again, or waste my afternoon and evening in the neighboring state with nothing really to do?

• C2N14@lemmy.blue
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I’d probably take the chance to take the dog for a lengthy walk/hike and take in the views if possible!

• AA5B@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I did not take the dog, but attempted the hike. I drove 25 minutes to a state park that looked interesting, only to find it was just a beach and picnic area. On my third attempt at a restaurant, I did find a really cool burger and pizza joint with 47 taps, so that was cool. Then I found a rail trail but ran out of time before I walked very far

• trimmerfrost@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago
    • Got shot in my ass with my second dose of Vitamin B12. Didn’t hurt as much as the last time. Neither did I felt dizzy
    • Tried reading some books to improve my English. Damn, how do people sit through that boring ass chore?
    • Tried making some goals in a Nietzscheian fashion. Love Nietzsche!
    • Right now, it’s evening, and I’m hungry because haven’t eaten the shit that my uninvolved generationally cutoff parent puts down
  • ShittyKopper [they/them]@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Sent a PR to Lemmy. There’s no way it’s gonna get merged in it’s current state (no clue if they even want this feature) and I still have to actually test it to make sure it works as intended. And just because that didn’t overwhelm me enough (lmao) I also tried migrating from my selfhosted IceShrimp back to blahaj’s instance (because I thought it’d be easy and I’m not sure I have the money to keep the instance running), hit a couple roadblocks along the way and had to patch transpiled JS by hand (because I can’t catch a break). Now off to make sure if I messed something up (very likely) or if there’s an actual bug somewhere.

• SbisasCostlyTurnover@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Just finished work for the week. Taking the kids to a soft play tomorrow but with a bit of luck I’ll be able to sit down and catch my breath too.