Started a half dose yesterday per my docs orders, upping to full dose after a week.

Damn i feel like it knocks me out of commission. I slammed 2 energy drinks this morning and have brain fog like a mother fucker. It’s like im high, got that wet blanket feeling in my brain, but without the fun stuff.

• ReadFanon [any, any]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Clonidine is good for insomnia, PTSD, anxiety (to a certain extent), and it’s useful for impulsivity and emotional reactivity.

Anecdotally, on a personal level, I find that clonidine works really well for my rejection sensitive dysphoria which leads me to believe that RSD is closely associated with emotional reactivity and maybe even just the internalised expression of it.

• gila@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I 100% feel this too, my supposition is that it’s causally related to blood pressure, as atomoxetine can increase it. I would get emotional whenever I drank alcohol, which also raises it. Not so after going on clonidine. Initially I thought it was like an optional extra to take as needed (it’s common and cheap) but now i consider it my primary medication