• MotoAsh@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 days ago

Logical solutions to problems don’t happen in many kinds of horror movies. Even the tiniest bit of common sense applied would destroy so many, cell phones or no.

• merari42@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 days ago

Our group of teenagers should definitely split up to search for the monster and/or serial killer!

• The Quuuuuill@slrpnk.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        13 days ago

Rather than making a swift exit to anywhere else, we should instead hide in this building where we think the killer is

• activ8r@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          12 days ago

Oh my god! It’s the killers childhood home where he brutally killed one of his family members in each room! Let’s hide in there, but we should each find a hiding spot in a different room.

• Githyanki@lemmings.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          12 days ago

Let’s walk right by the car we got here in and go house in the creepy building that we think the killer lives in and that we were too scared to enter before he killed our friends!

• BinaryEnthusiast@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      12 days ago

That’s why I love Cabin in the woods. They make it a creepy movie, but also make fun of all the common horror tropes by having the haunted grounds be a very orchestrated event.

“Oh no my cell phone doesn’t work” It’s because the creepy org turned on a cell phone jammer

“Why don’t they just leave?” The creepy org blows up a shit load of tnt to make the tunnel collapse

• MotoAsh@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 days ago

“Why don’t they find an alternate route out?” The creepy org put a fucking force field around the area.

That movie definitely ventured in to silly territory, but then it was quite directly a well-meaning parody of horror movies that kinda’ HAD to get a bit silly to do too much with the premise.

• CarbonIceDragon@pawb.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      12 days ago

It would be kinda funny for someone to make something that starts as a horror movie but then everyone acts in a sensible manner without contrived reasons for their efforts failing, resulting in the whole dangerous situation falling apart over the course of the plot until its more a sort of parody of horror movies than a proper example.

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 days ago

That’s just a normal movie

The best horror movies are the ones where all the characters act in a highly capable and intelligent way and the monster/force/whatever still keeps beating them. Like The Thing. Or Alien.

• 5too@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 days ago

I want a horror movie where some of the heroes are genre-savvy, Practical Guide to Evil style. I picture it starting as a horror, and shifting into a kind of heist storyline