I keep miss my alarm clock. I set 2 of my android phone. They do ring. I also set my clock with the bell.

But I miss them all.

Is there any sure shot not to miss alarm.

• bradorsomething@ttrpg.network
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

In college, this came down to me finally crossing the bridge to being an adult, and agreeing with myself that the alarm would go off, and I would wake up. When I went to sleep, how distracted I was at night, and why and when I was getting up were all on me, but I had to get up to the alarm. It changed my thinking knowing no magical parent was going to force me to get up. I either went to the morning class, or failed the class.

• JakenVeina@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 days ago

Practice getting up in response to your alarm.

Seriously.

Once or twice a day, in the middle of the day, go lay down in bed, like you’re going to sleep, and set your alarm for maybe 5-10 minutes. The moment it goes off, shut it off and stand up. Teach your body the habit of standing up, immediately, in response to the alarm. So long as you’re getting enough sleep, you’ll start doing it in the morning, on reflex.

• Coskii@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 days ago

Sleeping earlier should help, if the issue is falling asleep earlier, consider light exercise a couple hours before trying to sleep. I’m personally not a big fan of medicated sleep assist, but some people may need it.

I used to be a very deep sleeper. The things that helped me wake up on time were making sure I was tired enough at the end of each day to sleep soundly, and getting up at the same time daily. I usually wake up a bit before my alarm goes off these days.

• Russ@bitforged.space
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

I personally use Sleep as Android which comes with a bunch of options to help ensure you’ve actually woken up. I utilize the “captcha” option in which when I go to turn off the alarm, it displays a screen full of sheep and all of them but one are sleeping - you have to click the one that is “awake” in order to dismiss the alarm. I guess the process wakes up my brain just enough so that I don’t go back to sleep, whereas with a regular alarm that has just a simple dismiss button I’ll absolutely either hit dismiss or one of the volume buttons to turn off the alarm before I’ve fully woken up.

I also have it set to buzz on my watch for 90 seconds before playing a sound on my phone (which escalates in volume) - I’ve not had a problem waking up with this in the years that I’ve been using it.

There are other options too, such as answering math questions, scanning a QR code, pressing your phone to an NFC tag, heavily shaking the phone, one called “Say cheese!” that makes you smile as hard as you can and uses the camera to detect it, and one that you have to “laugh out loud”.

• snazzles@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 days ago

I use an app called QR alarm or something. It only turns off when I scan its QR code which I’ve pinned to the other side of the room. Having to get up and actually think about scanning something helps me more than when I just used an alarm clock across the room

• curiousaur@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

Get some smart bulbs and set them to a timer. The lights coming on helps wake you up naturally since your body thinks the sun is coming up.

• Wolf314159@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

It sounds really counter intuitive, but wake up slower. It’s really easy for me to startle awake just enough completely turn off my alarm, not just snooze, and fall back asleep hard. If I wake up to an alarm that slowly increases in volume from barely audible, then I tend to wake up much more gently and slower. That little bit of extra time means makes it much harder to fall back asleep and by the time I reach for my alarm to silence or even snooze it. I’m clear headed enough to not either actually snooze the alarm instead of turning it off or be awake enough to not fall back asleep at all. Going from awake straight to sitting up or standing is super stressful and just makes everything awful. Being mostly awake before my head even leaves the pillow is much less stressful.

• SendMePhotos@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

If you’re going to bed with music or sound, make sure it’s at a barely audible level or shuts off after you fall asleep. Otherwise your brain gets used to tuning out the noise and will tune out your alarm

• Etterra@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

I’ve also heard that you can get alarms that either turn on a light, or slowly increase a light intensity in the room to mimic a sunrise. I would try one of those in combination with a proper alarm or three, unless you use like a sleep mask or something.

• Etterra@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

Back in the '90s when we were teenagers, my sister had to get the loudest possible alarms you could find and set it up on a dresser on the far side of her bedroom.

Personally, I always set two alarms when it’s time to get up. Put the loudest, most obnoxious ringtone on you can think of, set them to repeat every 5 minutes, and offset them by a few minutes so that you’re basically getting an annoying alarm every 2 to 3 minutes. I taught this trick to my fiancee because she’s a heavy sleeper and a reluctant waker too. You can combine both tricks too if you need to.

• littlecolt@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

Despite the name being stupid, Alarm Clock Extreme is a great app. I paid for it years ago, and have recently paid for it again due to it being bought out by another company. I do not feel cheated by this fact. It’s been worth it.