I have to do a curbside vet appointment and hope that I have enough money to pay for it. I feel like I’m going to die and my emotions are going fucking crazy because of my puppy. She’s been having digestive issues for 2 weeks and I’ve been following everything the vet said. I’ve paid $150 in probiotic supplements and medicine and chicken and rice to help her belly.

• LaunchesKayaks@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

My girl is 15 weeks. She tested negative for any parasites a few days before the diarrhea started. She’s 2/3 poodle and I’ve heard that poodles can have digestive issues. She was definitely straining to poop when it happened. I thought she just had poop in the fur by her butt that was making it hard for her, so I gave her a bath and that’s when I noticed the slight prolapse.

• AFK BRB Chocolate@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’m sure that must be really distressing - you never want to see stuff on the outside that’s supposed to be on the inside. It’s useful to know that dogs prolapse normally - when they poop, a little of their rectum prolapses out, and then it gets pulled back in when they’re done, and that helps keep their butt clean. The problem your girl is having is that it’s prolapsing enough that it’s not all going back in.

Did you happen to notice if get poops seemed really loose or really firm?

• LaunchesKayaks@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Her prolapse went away on the ride to the vet. -_-

They’re checking for parasites just in case and are shaving around her butt so no poop sticks to it. I was also informed she has properly formed poop that should be on its way out soon.

She’s had diarrhea off and on for a while. Hopefully it’s just a phase