link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 days ago

“my arbitrary numbers pulled from my ass say that my ethnostate is slightly more democratic than the people we’re actively exterminating with bombs and starvation, and have prevented from having a functioning society. You should support us as a result”

Do you honestly think that’s remotely convincing lmao

• Diva (she/her)@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 day ago

Sounds like your ass is in lockstep with the US state department

Actual source: The Economist, a journal that speaks for British millionaires.

The Economist also at one point argued that Confederate victory would result in abolition faster than a Union victory. But don’t worry they totally supported abolition they were just really worried that it wouldn’t get done fast enough.

• Diva (she/her)@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 day ago

I don’t need some stats to point out that it’s an apartheid settler state. You were bringing up the stats to deflect from criticism. Having the trappings of votes and parliament doesn’t change the material reality.

• oberstoffensichtlich@feddit.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 day ago

Palestinians have failed to build a functioning democracy for themselves. They aren’t even politically united under one banner since Hamas took power in Gaza. Palestinians can’t even make peace among themselves.