• 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝙼𝚎𝚘𝚠@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    16 hours ago

I actually think this form factor makes more sense than a two-fold. With two-folds you get this weird not-quite-square aspect ratio, but this gives you something much closer to a very typical 16:9. Perfect for watching movies or streaming games.

I do want a proper android device though, which Huawei can’t provide anymore unfortunately. But I hope other manufacturers try their hand at this form factor. Still, massive props to Huawei on the design and engineering feat, it’s genuinely the first phone I’ve seen in years that made me reconsider what I want in a phone.

And no, obviously a tri-fold isn’t necessary, but neither are smartphones in general. Took me years to decide to purchase one and I was fine without one (started with a year-old Samsung S7, for reference).

• Acamon@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 hours ago

Yeah, I’m probably not in the market for a fold phone, given I’m not a gentle owner. But of money was no object, I would get a trifold, because it feels meaningfully larger, and a more appropriate aspect ratio. The current folds really underwhelm me, even if they were so overpriced.