• cabbage@piefed.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 hours ago

There’s that Al Franklen quote about Ted Cruz.

I like Ted Cruz more than most of my other colleagues like Ted Cruz. And I hate Ted Cruz.

Reading this comment section made me realise I feel the same way about Hillary Clinton.

• Coelacanth@feddit.nu
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 hours ago

I know you’re trying to help Hillary but for everyone’s sake I think maybe just laying low until November is the play here.

• Sterile_Technique@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 hours ago

Alright Hill-dawg… if you want to say something helpful please just get on stage and start talking about Benghazi and emails n’ shit. The trumpanzees will lose their shit, and you can be a nice little lightning rod to redirect right wing hatred away from Harris.

Stop weighing in on current issues. No one wants to hear it.

• Wogi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 hours ago

Man. If 8 year old me had known that “political lightning rod” was a job my trajectory would have been VERY different

• dhork@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 hours ago

Oppression and autocracy that she partially enabled by thinking she could phone in her victory. She should just go away. Nobody wants to hear from her anymore.

• vzq@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 hours ago

I don’t think she phoned it in. She ran a campaign that was ineffective against DT because she assumed things like competence and experience mattered.

• Hominine@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 hours ago

Ah, the misogynistic punching bag that the left and right share. How noble it must feel to attempt to shout her down.

• Whopraysforthedevil@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 hours ago

Honestly, her gender is one of the few things I actually respect about her.

She’s an entrenched neo-lib who thought herself so entitled to the presidency that she got her conference to shut down campaigns that actually had a chance while simultaneously neglecting to consider that the Midwest and rust belt exist and have legitimate grievances with the Democratic party.

• CosmicTurtle0@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 hours ago

“It was her turn” fucking ruined the Democrats.

If she was a man and had the same attitude, we’d all be shitting on him just the same.

It was her entitlement, not the fact that she’s a woman.

• gsfraley@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 hours ago

I mean, kinda easily proven wrong by how much people love and rally around Harris. It was Clinton’s condescending attitude and dearth of actual effort that soured people on her. It felt like she didn’t care about the country at all, and just wanted to sit in the big seat.

Contrast to Harris, who expresses, you know, actual care and understanding for what people are going through, and suggests concrete plans even for the little things.

• mommykink@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 hours ago

Hillary please just shut up and keep doing your $60,000 speeches on Wall Street. No one will ever like you and you are poison for the Democratic Party

• ThrowawayOnLemmy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 hours ago

Shame she didn’t feel the same way when she was running. Maybe she would have tried. Maybe she wouldn’t have enabled Trump.

• robocall@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 hours ago

That may be true but many people aren’t turning up on election day to save democracy. They are turning up to vote to improve their material needs.