• slimarev92@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 hours ago

Am I the only one who kinda likes Teams? They did a full rewrite a while ago and now the app is pretty stable.

• ysjet@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

Except for the fact that it’s now invasive as hell and trying to monitor/sell everything on your computer after the rewrite. We had to ditch teams after the rework because it wanted to phone home to dozens of IPs with information about our computers and actions.

The high score was blocking 112 outgoing requests with personal data in a single 1 hour call. (We have network connections locked down on our computers using Little Snitch).

Absolute madness and frankly every single person involved in Microsoft Teams should be thrown in jail for espionage and stalking.

• chiliedogg@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

There’s one critical issue with Teams that’s about to result in it being banned for government work.

You can’t save logs.

My small city just changed domains and went to 365 Government. As part of the process we had to migrate all our accounts and create new ones, and we lost all of our Teams history because there’s no way to save the logs.

Now if someone asks for chat history as part of an Open Records Request or as discovery in a lawsuit, we can’t provide them. Other government bodies are starting to realize this and everyone’s about to start getting “don’t use Teams” memos from the lawyers.

• slimarev92@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 hours ago

Yeah, the same thing happened to the organization I used to work for. They did a weird hack where bots recreated all conversations on the new account.

• vrighter
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

it’s still dog slow. As in 30 seconds to load the calndar slow.