Because well, I am Asexual, and well… it is incredibly rare to find another Asexual person anywhere. Not to shame people for their interests, but I am not comfortable with a lot of posts, even if they are meant to be for a joke, implying that everyone gets horny, and/or that apparent “Peak Hedonism” or whatever it’s called, is about having lots of sex. Again, something I am not interested in.

I have seen no signs of any Asexual friendly spaces on this site, not even in the LGBTQIA+ Subcommunity for this site. Although I have been socially isolated by otherwise queer friendly spaces before, for “only” being Asexual.

• grym [she/her, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 hours ago

I definitely think ace comrades (and aro comrades too!) should get a space or regular thread somewhere for themselves, to talk and share what they want to share.

I guess there needs to be a minimum amount of people/interest in it, but I think even if it’s not many people here it should be an option.

• Lussy [any]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 hours ago

I do think Asexuals should get a space of their own. I don’t think the entire site should have to repress its sexuality when it’s already weirdly puritanical on that end. I also find it odd for asexuals to be incorporated into LGBTQ comm when sexuality is literally the defining criteria for the comm.

• pmk@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    18 hours ago

Are you looking for a space to specifically discuss asexuality, or a space about general things minus references to sex?