IDF: Whoops, tee hee.

• jol
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 hours ago

No? This is implying that Israel has had the technology to precisely target people for months but chooses to destroy a whole region instead went it came to Palestine.

• KillingTimeItself@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 hours ago

to be clear, you can’t directly target an individual, you can maybe potentially target a single individual.

This is also not to mention the cost and accessibility of doing something like this at scale. It’s theorized they either got into the factories, or somehow got through the shipment and intercepted it to do this operation.

It’s possible they acted as a middleman but that would be really really hard to do at scale like this.

And even if they did this in palestine, it would only work once.

• CoffeeJunkie@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        53 minutes ago

You don’t need to speculate or theorize; they say exactly how they did it. I cut to the exact part of the video where it is succinctly explained.

You’ll also notice that, according to Ben/according to Israel/according to Hezbollah… they advertised that they were going to stop using phones & switch to pagers. In July. So people going on about “they could have done this all along” are wrong. It’s been since sometime in July. This July. Which makes this a very fast & even more effective military operation.

Yes, the shell company was set up 1.5 years ago. Date of sale, idk. But common sense: you need to sell your enemy the goods…and you need to know with relative certainty that the hardware is actively in use. So: since July.

• jol
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 hours ago

I mean they have the method and the will to use it, that’s all I’m saying. Why couldn’t they intercept the phones and other devices used by Hamas leaders the same way?

• capital@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 hours ago

I mean they have the method and the will to use it, that’s all I’m saying.

The method may not have been applicable for some reason. Shooting people in the head is a method but unless they line up for you away from everyone who’s not Hamas, that’s not a realistic method to employ.

• BigMacHole@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 hours ago

Agreed! It’s SAFER to just Bomb Orphanages and Schools to ENSURE those Hamas Kids die instead of using your Military Knowledge you Obviously have to find a Way to target ONLY Hamas!