• Corroded@leminal.space
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 hours ago

I get the same reaction from my fellow Americans when i tell them I walk my groceries home so I’m not surprised

• TurtleTourParty@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

My cousin couldn’t understand how I bought groceries after I sold my car. After telling him I walked three blocks to the store he asked how I bought groceries in winter. I told him I put on a coat and boots and walk three blocks to the store.

• Mishmash2000@lemmy.nz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        13 minutes ago

One of my carless kin! There are dozens of us!! The number of times people have assumed I can’t go somewhere “because it’s raining” and I’m just like, I have a jacket and an umbrella! But what if you’re biking?? Um, I have a jacket, a backpack cover and leggings and sometimes… if I’m just heading home to a hot shower and a change of clothes, I just get soaking wet! Like absolutely sodden! NBD! And if I’m heading somewhere without the option of a change of clothes, I bus there and that leads to a whole other issue of “But that must take ssooo long!?!” Yeah sure, a bit longer, but I can relax, pop on some headphones, set google maps to tell me when I’m near my stop, watch/listen to something and let the driver worry about the driving!

• Tolookah
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 hours ago

I live two blocks from my local market, I understand you.

Also, they don’t understand that giving me a bag for milk is not worth it, milk has a handle.