• YeetPics@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

This tweet proves everything. We all know the government is bound to follow the instructions of no-name twitter users. It’s basic politics. It goes back to the forefathers who signed the declaration of independence just moments after they were verified on Twitter.

It’s all right here in our historic documents scrawled on this Dave and Busters™ napkin. If you don’t believe me, read it for yourself.

• PugJesus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 days ago

More accurately but less memetically

Working Class: Help Us Please

Democrats: Here’s a token effort to get the progressive wing off our backs for a few minutes, sweaty ♥🏳️‍🌈#blm

Republicans: Actually, we’re going to make things worse. As bad as we can. Suffering builds character, poors.

• zeppo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

I just can’t really parse this considering that Republicans want to do things like eliminate the entire EPA and tried 60 times just in the past several years to cancel health care for people like me. Dems would get a hell of a lot more done if Republicans didn’t reflexively block anything at all they try to do.

• LustyArgonianMana@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      12 hours ago

The Rise and Fall of the Neoliberal Order by Gary Gerstle:

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/92993192-the-rise-and-fall-of-the-neoliberal-order-america-and-the-world-in-the

A political order must have the ability to shape the core ideas of political life. It must be able to do so not just for one political party’s most ardent supporters but for people located across the political spectrum. The New Deal order sold a large majority of Americans on the proposition that a strong central state could manage a dynamic but dangerous capitalist economy in the public interest. The neoliberal order persuaded a large majority of Americans that free markets would unleash capitalism from unnecessary state controls and spread prosperity and personal freedom throughout the ranks of Americans and then throughout the world. Neither of these propositions today commands the support or authority that they once possessed. Political disorder and dysfunction reign. What comes next is the most important question in the United States, and the world, now face.

Capitalism has already killed us all. https://www.ecowatch.com/planetary-boundaries-ocean-acidification-climate-science.html

We’ve already died, just waiting for the last gasps of society, and yes it’s been the Democrat’s fault too. Like the time they gave Trump the 2016 election because they didn’t want Bernie to win, and in court admitted they did not have to have impartial elections. I will never forget watching Debbie Wasserman-Schulz’s testimony and I unregistered as a Democrat because of it. There are SERIOUS problems in the Democratic party. Not least because they adhere to capitalism and neoliberalism. Which again, has literally extincted almost our whole planet.

https://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/what-is-the-sixth-mass-extinction-and-what-can-we-do-about-it

Even if they had full power, the Dems will put forth capitalist policies that will make things worse. Their platform is explicitly capitalist and this has been confirmed by partly leadership Nancy Pelosi. Capitalism is directly the cause of our planet’s death. At least they weren’t as shitty as the Republicans though? Like yes obviously Kamala is the better choice to Trump, but in terms of preventing mass death, neither have adequate policies. Just one is less bad in many ways and good in other ways.

• PhlubbaDubba@lemm.ee
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 day ago

The only way someone could pretend they’re the same is if they’re either well outside where the differences are clearest, or they just aren’t paying attention and getting all their news from someone from the first category.

“Both sides same” and any attempt to act like there’s a dimension where it totally applies trust ne bro is a position fundamentally rooted in the privilege to feel a negligible difference between annoyingly status quo adherent centrists and actual goddamned fascists.

Not to mention how that specific meme implies queer folks and black people aren’t a part of the working class, which just kinda gives the whole game away with what a lot of people in american right wing politics, and a depressing number of self proclaimed progressives and leftists, are actually saying whenever they bemoan that we’re not paying enough attention to the working class instead of tackling social equity issues.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      12 hours ago

The Rise and Fall of the Neoliberal Order by Gary Gerstle:

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/92993192-the-rise-and-fall-of-the-neoliberal-order-america-and-the-world-in-the

A political order must have the ability to shape the core ideas of political life. It must be able to do so not just for one political party’s most ardent supporters but for people located across the political spectrum. The New Deal order sold a large majority of Americans on the proposition that a strong central state could manage a dynamic but dangerous capitalist economy in the public interest. The neoliberal order persuaded a large majority of Americans that free markets would unleash capitalism from unnecessary state controls and spread prosperity and personal freedom throughout the ranks of Americans and then throughout the world. Neither of these propositions today commands the support or authority that they once possessed. Political disorder and dysfunction reign. What comes next is the most important question in the United States, and the world, now face.

Capitalism has already killed us all. https://www.ecowatch.com/planetary-boundaries-ocean-acidification-climate-science.html

We’ve already died, just waiting for the last gasps of society, and yes it’s been the Democrat’s fault too. Like the time they gave Trump the 2016 election because they didn’t want Bernie to win, and in court admitted they did not have to have impartial elections. I will never forget watching Debbie Wasserman-Schulz’s testimony and I unregistered as a Democrat because of it. There are SERIOUS problems in the Democratic party. Not least because they adhere to capitalism and neoliberalism. Which again, has literally extincted almost our whole planet.

https://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/what-is-the-sixth-mass-extinction-and-what-can-we-do-about-it

The working class will die first, as will all groups that get labeled outsiders or burdens until the rich are left to die somewhat reminiscent of the Titanic sub: from their own hubris and inability to submit to mother earth.

I’ve seen tornados. What is going to happen to our planet is much more extreme. Billions will die and probably no humans will make it due to massive ecosystem collapse and species diversity collapse.

Your last paragraph doesn’t make sense. The point is that Dems use advertisements and marketing to say “no” to specific voting demographics while not helping them, either. It is saying nothing about queer or black people being working class or not.

• PhlubbaDubba@lemm.ee
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 hours ago

God it’s like I can hear how white you are.

It literally is a statement that the interests of black and queer folks are contrary to the interests of “tHe WoRkInG cLaSs” to continue shitting on them without any expectation to be better because poor white people and straight people also participate in systemic oppression.

As for Bernie, people didn’t turn out to vote for him, and he lost because of it, end of story. There was a bias against him from the democratic establishment, but acting like that absolves his supporters of having the turnout energy of cosmic background radiation is deflection of the fucking first order, and suggesting that Trump happened as some kind of punishment of the DNC establishment for not throwing out their own damn vote tallies and just handing the guy who’s not even a party member the nomination because some quixotic white kids got especially loud about it just reeks of the kind of privilege that is exactly what I was suspecting earlier.

Like fuck man, you just spouted off ranting about your god given right to just give up and let everyone around you bite it like it’s an indication of anything but your own abject failure as a human being with an allegedly functioning sense of empathy.

You’re not smarter than everyone else because you want to blame everyone else for you not wanting to do anything to help, you’re just a wordier sort of dickwad.

Rot and die on your own time jackass.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 hours ago

That’s not my interpretation but I accept it’s yours. As a queer person, I see it simply pointing out the pandering while still allowing my rights to be eroded. They could have easily put something pandering to women there as well, which would be more apropos considering Dem failure and incompetence to pass laws regarding abortion rights which later resulted in harm to women when abortion rights were eroded. And Dem incompetence is unacceptable as an excuse - doctors are tried for negligence with their job when it results in killing a patient. It’s not a cutsy oops when the Dems do it either. They absolutely share blame for the women currently dying.

It’s okay to be white. It’s what I am. Race isn’t performative anyway. It isn’t okay to enforce white supremacy, and I’m not.

Bernie campaign issues (and Bernie would have won against Trump, he was more popular overall than Trump or Hilary - this is what I mean when I say Dems let Trump win in 2016 rather than vote for Bernie/a progressive): https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/14/16640082/donna-brazile-warren-bernie-sanders-democratic-primary-rigged

The core facts are straightforward: As Barack Obama’s presidency drew to a close, the DNC was deep in debt. In return for a bailout, DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz gave Hillary Clinton’s campaign more potential control over its operations and hiring decisions than was either ethical or wise.

https://34justice.com/2016/06/20/theres-a-reason-people-think-the-democratic-primary-was-unfair-and-undemocratic-it-was/

The DNC, in response to inappropriate behavior from a Sanders staffer who DNC staff had recommended and the campaign had already fired [and reported], suspended Sanders’ access to important voter data in violation of its contract with his campaign.

While Clinton was dinging Sanders on his ostensible disregard for party fundraising, the “so-called joint fundraising committee comprised of Clinton’s presidential campaign, the Democratic National Committee and 32 state party committees” was exploiting loopholes in campaign finance laws to funnel the bulk of its resources to Clinton and Clinton alone.

Even into late May, DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz was leaning heavily into biased, anti-Sanders messaging, and leaked emails confirm that she and other DNC leaders actively sought to undermine the Sanders campaign.

inappropriately including superdelegates in their reporting to make it look like Clinton was winning big

They should also, however, more seriously consider where voters’ concerns come from and stop insisting the system isn’t “rigged.” People think “the entire political process is unfair” because it is. And many doubt that “the outcome of the [Democratic primary] process was legitimate” for good reason.

Lol it’s amazing. I’m trying to stop us all from certain death by getting people to talk about and want policies that will keep us alive - we are just in such a bad situation that those policies will have to be extreme or we will all literally die. Dems don’t have those policies. They are going to kill us. We need real leftists and real progressives to live. In the meantime, sure, vote for the best candidate available to you. But like, AMOC collapse is imminent within years. It could be next year. Do you think it helps the world’s poorest people to vote in capitalist governments that exacerbate climate change that then kills the world’s poorest people?

Capitalism requires poverty and slavery in order to extract wealth and give it to the capitalists. It should be illegal to extract wealth from another human being like that. We should all have equal ownership in our workplaces.