• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 天前

The quarter glass!

They’re usually more expensive to replace and easier to smash.

Unless you’re actually trying to save someone, and speed is necessary…

Then it’s the side windows opposite where the person is (I.e. of the dog is in the front passenger, the driver side rear.)

This helps avoid causing injuries from the glass shattering

Also, call emergency services first, unless the kid is clearly about to die. (If they’re more or less alert you still have time to pass that liability off.)

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 天前

I’ve worked security for a parking lot.

We’ve had several instances of people being drunk/oding, several people leaving kids and pets on cars for what would be expected to be 4+ hours.

It was a cop who told me about the quarter panels being more expensive. To be fair that particular incident, a toddler was less than alert but not unconscious. They got arrested for child endangerment/abuse (the cop sat on their car until the event let out and they came back. She was pissed.)

For pets, they’re technically property, so it’s best to let animal control make that decision- there’s some strict rules that might see you in jail. Emergency services can connect you to animal control, so if it’s bad enough they can tell you to do it and remove liability from you.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 天前

Another incident that really pissed me off was a couple that locked their springier spaniel puppies in a crate, in the back of a SUV, with blankets over the crate. Sure they cracked the front windows…

But… it was extremy hot weather and the dogs were very nearly dead by the time they got permission to check the crate’s temp anyway- the inside of the car they could measure was just below the threshold for entry. They had to get a warrant to check the crate (which was like 110 f.)

The puppies were extremely affectionate after they got some water in them and cooled off.

• Cadeillac@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 天前

That shit pisses me of so fucking bad. Why do people even bother getting them in the first place? Ridiculous