• Madison420@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 hours ago

You should, they’re not quiet about it at all. None of those were invasions prior to us intervention, you can blame a lot of shit on the US but Ukraine ain’t one.

Nope, isolationists and doves stfu because they don’t want to be involved. You’re neither peacnik nor pinko because Ukraines surrender attains no left leaning goal, it does just the opposite in allowing an authoritarian shithead to take over yet more of the world… Again. This has nothing to do with the war on terror, not being shitty in one area doesn’t mean you aren’t shitty in another, get a grip.

• OBJECTION!@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 hour ago

Please elaborate how opposing military aid to a country on the other side of the world is not an isolationist stance. You just said, “because they don’t want to get involved.” That’s my stance, I don’t want to get involved.

I don’t think you know what any of those terms mean tbh. Or rather, I think you know what they mean and are pretending that they don’t mean what they do because you’re acting in bad faith.

• Madison420@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        43 minutes ago

Again isolationists isolate themselves, meaning they don’t meddle… Like insisting their opinion on a matter they have no legitimate interest in. You’re involving yourself right now dumb dumb, if you don’t want to be involved… Don’t involve yourself.

That’s not an argument, that’s deflection.

• OBJECTION!@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          19 minutes ago

That’s a completely ridiculous take. That’s not isolationism, that’s political disengagement. How do you even manage to say something so wrong?

Isolationists do not disengage from matters of foreign intervention, we actively oppose it. That’s what isolationism means, and you obviously know that.

If you actually had any confidence in your position whatsoever, you would have no problem saying that my position is isolationist and that isolationism is wrong. But instead, you’re trying to use wordplay to shift definitions in an attempt to delegitimize my position, by adopting the completely insane stance that wanting non-intervention in a conflict is somehow inconsistent with isolationism.

This is very blatant bad faith.