cross-posted from: https://lemmy.ndlug.org/post/1167059

COSMIC’s Alpha 2 release builds upon that work with functionality built out for Files, additional Settings pages, considerable infrastructure work for screen reader support+, and some highly requested window management features. System76 is ecstatic at the level of excitement and collaboration so far with alpha testers and early app & applet developers, and we look forward to seeing what comes from these new additions.

The second COSMIC alpha will be released on September 26th. Those participating in Alpha 1 on Pop!_OS can simply update through the COSMIC App Store to transition. This alpha will be followed by monthly alpha releases until all core features have been built out.

More coverage:

• kittenzrulz123@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 hours ago

I tried Alpha 1 and it was completely unusable for me (granted I use a tri monitor setup), hopefully this offers an improvement (I will update if it works).

• kittenzrulz123@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 hours ago

Yeah and I acknowledged that my use case is extremely niche and opens me up to a significant amount of bugs, at the same time I still tried it out because I felt like it. In addition im testing this outside of Pop_OS and on a non Debian based system (Artix).

• sunzu2@thebrainbin.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 hours ago

i tried to daily drive it… but it could not handle having all my normal shit open with out blinking etc, games would not play.

going to give it another try. high hopes for cosmic!