According to The Atlantic, Blinken enquired whether the Saudis could tolerate Israel periodically re-entering the territory to strike the besieged Gaza Strip.

“They can come back in six months, a year, but not on the back end of my signing something like this,” Mohammed bin Salman responded.

“Seventy percent of my population is younger than me,” the crown prince explained to Blinken.

“For most of them, they never really knew much about the Palestinian issue. And so they’re being introduced to it for the first time through this conflict. It’s a huge problem. Do I care personally about the Palestinian issue? I don’t, but my people do, so I need to make sure this is meaningful.”

• Nuke_the_whales@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

Of course he doesn’t. By the way America is still sending weapons to these guys (who blew up the trade center) while moralizing about sending weapons to Israel

• Bluefalcon
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 hours ago

Someone is on fat losing drugs. Not halal

• foggy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    18 hours ago

“Man who hacked a journalist to pieces with 0 consequences isn’t bothered by genocide.”

• MataVatnik@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 hours ago

Monarch (Trust fund baby on steroids) doesn’t give a shit about common people, what a surprise.

• HomerianSymphony@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    17 hours ago

Just keep in mind, this is anonymous hearsay by someone on Blinken’s team.

And even if it’s true, they wouldn’t have leaked it to the media without some kind of agenda.

• mlg@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 hours ago

Might as well be Most Islamic Countries tbh.

Pakistan and Bangladesh buy spyware from Israel.

Turkey and Azerbaijan buy a lot of their arms.

Middle East in general is just screwed because it’s mostly US shills.

Dunno enough about Southeast Asia or Africa, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they too had ties to Israel.

I still like to think the only nation that made a proper stand was Yemen. Iran was kind of incompetent and is morally corrupt anyways. Lebanon is too fractured to have a chance of a proper leadership imo.

Only the Houthis seemed to make a dent in Israel by attacking their supply line, which did actually have an effect.

Otherwise there are plenty more non Islamic nations willing to do more.

• technocrit@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      4 hours ago

Most racist comment.

TBH it’s the zionist leaders who don’t care at all about committing genocide.

• small44@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

I’m racist to my own race? Zionists leaders and their Arab collaborators are allowing genocide. Ask most arabs and they’ll tell how much they hate their leaders

• Shard@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      16 hours ago

Frankly this is all of them.

They only care about Palestine insofar as it furthers their own political goals. Its low hanging fruit for them to stroke the religious and nationalistic fires in their people and redirect their attention away from issues like the economy and civil rights.

• technocrit@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        4 hours ago

Maybe it’s more reasonable and far less racist to blame the people actually doing the genocide rather than to blame “all of them” or “they”.

• chaogomu@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 hours ago

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter.

Did you know that Nelson Mandela was the leader of a literal terrorist organization?

He ordered attacks that killed people. That’s why he was in prison.

And every one forgave him, and even voted him into power.

All because South African Apartheid was fundamentally evil.

Israeli Apartheid is orders of magnitude worse than the South African version.

• UrbonMaximus@feddit.uk
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 minutes ago

And every one forgave him, and even voted him into power.

All because South African Apartheid was fundamentally evil.

People forgave him because he actually changed his tactics, asked forgiveness and sued for peace instead of revenge.

“People tend to measure themselves by external accomplishments, but jail allows a person to focus on internal ones, such as honesty, sincerity, simplicity, humility, generosity and an absence of variety,” Mandela once said, according to a quote at the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg. “You learn to look into yourself.”

What’s going on in the middle east is horrible. But, let’s not change history to fit your narrative.

• Zorsith@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    21 hours ago

Ita depressing when a Saudi prince cares more about the will of the people (at least in writing) than almost any US politician.

• GBU_28@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      18 hours ago

Eh they know they live in a very precarious perch with a population that young and disenfranchised. It’s classic authoritarian tactics to make a token nod to the masses every now and again

• Deceptichum@quokk.au
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 hours ago

What a fuckwit. Straight up admits he’s only going with it for the sake of image and doesn’t care about actually making sure this doesn’t happen again soon.

• Sundial@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 hours ago

It’s pretty well known this guy only cares about how many commas are in his net worth. He’s not a moral or good person by any stretch of the imagination.

• Psychodelic@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      20 hours ago

So do most people, at least speaking for Americans. Ignoring all other context, at least this guy gives a miniscule shit about what his people think/want. That’s just like basic politics

I do have to wonder if he thinks he’s in more danger of losing it all than other contemporary government leaders

• S491@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    22 hours ago

How far they have fallen. In the 1970s King Faisal was spearheading OPECs embargo over Israel’s unjust invasions and attacks during the 6 days war, and now to see his successors spitting on the Palestinians is just disgusting.