• SootySootySoot [any]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

It really does take a genius and visionary to sit back and say “Hey, guys, let’s make this, but with as small an error as I can imagine. Don’t like, assess how precise stuff needs to be or consider any of that. Just make it all like really, unreasonably well, okay?”

I’m sure the engineers are blown away by that big mind, what a privilege. It reads like an excuse to blame the engineers when the truck inevitably sucks because they didn’t follow his perfect design.

• Tachanka [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Yeah I hate those fake appeals to “genius”. To the extent that someone like Musk provides “guidance” at all, it is to merely hop on his email and say some Captain Obvious shit to thousands of people who are too busy doing real work to read that shit.

Bourgeois apologists always deny the theft of surplus values from the workers and insist that profit is merely the boss’s “wages” for his “unique labor” of “training, guidance, and planning”.

But most of the actual training, guidance, and planning is not done by the actual owners, but by managers, who are employees that are paid a high salary, but are not usually board members or share holders or other bourgeoisie who live primarily off of surplus value.