• samc@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    14 hours ago

Obviously there’s a lot of caveats about how representative this survey (or any other survey) is of the broader population, but I think this is a good reminder of how weird we all are. Nobody on here claims to use Ubuntu or Manjaro, yet they are more popular than Fedora (and potentially even arch, when steam decks are discounted).

There’s nothing wrong with that, I love the weirdness of the Lemmy Linux community! I just always think it’s good to appreciate when opinions (like my love of ublue) aren’t as popular as you think they are.

• narc0tic_bird@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

-0.05% might be insignificant, but do you think it has to do with more games requiring kernel-level anti-cheat?

• mr_MADAFAKA@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 day ago

This type of drop usually happens when the Chinese language rises because “nobody” in China is using Linux

• HornedMeatBeast@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

No Fedora?

I thought it was popular.

I tried Manjaro a few times and it made my PC unusable every time. All sorts of little issues and even though I disabled any sleep features my screens would not wake up after I had been away for about an hour. Nothing else responded either like my PC had frozen.

Nobara is my distro of choice these days.