• almar_quigley@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 hours ago

Rfk is not a dem. He should never have run dem. He’s a republican or libertarian, and also a plant just like Jill to steal votes from dems. Gtfo with that both sides shit.

• Fuzzy_Dunlop@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 hour ago

Then the Dems would have nothing to fear by letting him run in the primary, right? Oh wait…if he got even 1 delegate, they couldn’t have just handed the nomination to Harris. There might have been a debate or a vote? The party that’s “defending democracy” can’t have that, I guess.

And in some instances, both sides actually do the same shit. Can you really not see that since at least Perot, if not McGovern, they’ve both been doing whatever possible to exclude third parties when they’re a threat, or support them when it’s convenient?

I bet you think professional wrestling is real too…

• jonne@infosec.pub
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

If RFK (or Williamson, or Phillips) had some delegates they would’ve still been able to appoint Harris. Uncommitted got 37 delegates and they were just ignored.

• almar_quigley@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

If you think rfk was ever a real candidate and not a prop from the right wing to disrupt the democrat turnout then I mostly just feel sorry for you.

I’m guessing you’re the kind of person that would wanna hear “both sides” on topics like was the holocaust actually a good thing or not.

• Fuzzy_Dunlop@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 hour ago

Who cares who got RFK to run? Let the candidates debate, and let the citizens vote. Why are so many people scared of that concept that no one is talking about the fact that the DNC rigged three consecutive primaries?

I do believe that just about every major issue that this country/world is facing deserves a more nuanced discussion than just the ® and (D) party platforms. Life is rarely that simple. Wouldn’t you like to have had a better idea of where Harris stands on everything and maybe have been questioned and challenged a bit before the convention? Or are you just happy to have a not-Trump candidate that isn’t senile?

• kescusay@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 hours ago

Yep. Only in his case, he was so obviously bonkers that he only appealed to Republicans who wanted a slightly different flavor of insanity from Trump, so pushing him was something of a foot-bullet.

• basmatii@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 hours ago

That’s nice dear, but he’s a moderate dem like manchin, pelosi, or that guy that hated video games.