• Allah@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 hours ago

Replace tankies with religious fundamentalists (muslims/christian) it would be the same thing

• PugJesus@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

I don’t think I am, actually. Mostly because I haven’t posted there. I have no desire to. Let the tankies have their echo chamber, just so long as they stay out of decent communities.

• Vespair@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 hours ago

This is kind of tangential, but I wish people would make distinction between Marxism and Leninism. Marx didn’t say shit about the vanguard party. Imo, we can reject Leninism without having to reject Marxism.

Also don’t waste your time arguing with me, because I am woefully uneducated and stupid, but I can only work with what I have, ya know?

• voldage@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 hour ago

I don’t think many people on lemmy conflate marxism with leninism outside of .ml, and even there folks seems to see leninism as something on top of marxism and not inherently mixed.

And then we also have people who feel stalinist style “communo facism” would work well because everyone you like will be fed and everyone you don’t like will be dead. I don’t think anyone ever liked those people, including themselves.

• PhlubbaDubba@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 hour ago

TBF even Leninism is a stark departure from what MLs believe.

If you look at the original plans for the Soviet Union, Lenin was basically planning a Syndicalist Representative-Democracy. Problem was that Lenin got too bogged down in crushing any chance that said democracy would vote against itself, and then Stalin just decided to go full corporate town with it.

• Hegar@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 hours ago

I don’t think you need to provide sources or preemptively defend wikipedia.

In my experience the kind of communists who want to shoot all the anarchists have a detailed knowledge of the history of shooting anarchists and talk openly about the fact that they’ll shoot all the anarchists.

Also anarchists tend to be pretty aware of what happens when you oppose state power.

• ArcaneSlime@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 hours ago

In my experience the kind of communists who want to shoot all the anarchists have a detailed knowledge of the history of shooting anarchists and talk openly about the fact that they’ll shoot all the anarchists.

Yes, and the one time my mom caught me sneaking out at 1am when I was 16 was totally the only time I ever snuck out.

She still believes that one, too.

• Eldritch@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 hours ago

In my experience the kind of communists who want to shoot all the anarchists …

You’re confusing Communists with communists. They’re very different. Anarchists tend to be communist. Therefore if communists were shooting anarchists they’d be shooting themselves. Anarchists want a classless stateless society based on Mutual Aid. Which is exactly what actual communist want. Communists on the other hand are a heavily class based society. With an overarching crushing state that commands everything. Destroying and slaughtering any dissent against the Vanguard party and it’s oppression of the proletariat.

Communists are in no way communist. They are a completely different ideology. Often referred to as ml or Marxist leninist. And Lemmy is rife with them. They would get away imprison or Slaughter any communist or anarchist who spoke out against them or their perceived Revolution

• PugJesus@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        14 hours ago

Wish I had the same experience on Lemmy. Honesty is not in great supply for the tankies here, who prefer to pretend that ‘United Front’ means something to “AES” states (emphasis on the quotes) other than “Oh boy, I can’t wait to backstab everyone to my left”

• Dempf@lemmy.zip
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 hours ago

Your problem is engaging with these people.

I’ve had a mostly positive experience on here, but I don’t try to go hang out in tankieville.

• PugJesus@lemmy.worldOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 hours ago

I mean, I don’t go to hang out in tankieville. I have lemmy.ml domain blocked. I don’t go looking for them. I only pick fights with them to emphasize that their fascist shite is unacceptable and blatantly false. It’s insane the level of lies they’re willing to resort to.

They’re a lot more rare in the places I frequent anymore. A year ago they still infested the place - including this very community.

• Hegar@fedia.io
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          14 hours ago

Ah yeah, I don’t think anyone is having a serious political discussion on the internet, it’s all just dunking and trolling. IRL I’ve heard many people be completely upfront about it when talking to other leftists.

• metaStatic@kbin.earth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    14 hours ago

You cannot use a nation state to fix problems with the nation state. Marxism in general has real “the free market will regulate itself” vibes.

• Eldritch@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 hours ago

Marxism doesn’t call on the state to do that. That’s leninism. Marxism is highly unobjectionable. The problem is how we get there. Marx himself spoke of an evolution over a long period of time in Society to arrive there. However humans desire immediate gratification. And thus that was unsatisfactory for most people. Which is where Engles, Lenin and others enter the picture. Who thought they could jump start communism/marxism using the very thing that kept communism/Marxism from being possible. The state.

• PugJesus@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 hours ago

I’m generally sympathetic to Marxism in general, but that’s not the main thrust of the meme so I’ll just say “Marxists aren’t inherently tankies” and leave it at that.

• bdonvr@thelemmy.club
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      12 hours ago

I suppose the question is how do you go from state to no state in one fell swoop?

• metaStatic@kbin.earth
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 hours ago

A functional stateless society would be a generational undertaking not an overnight revolution, anarchists who believe otherwise are in the above picture.

• bdonvr@thelemmy.club
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 hours ago

I mean that sounds just like, Marxism-Leninism withering of the state kinda line really so that’s what I get confused on unless you’re saying that MLs are fundamentally anarchists in that they strive for a stateless society (eventually)

• PugJesus@lemmy.worldOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            11 hours ago

Typically, the idea of Marxists is to use the state apparatus to dismantle the state apparatus in the end.

Typically, the idea of anarchists is to build parallel structures outside of the state apparatus until the state apparatus is no longer able to resist the alternate power base deciding to dissolve the state.

• InverseParallax@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 hours ago

That’s the first question, the second question is where do you bury all the damn bodies?

The third question is: “Oh shit, did we just kill all the farmers? Anybody know how to grow food?”

This is the point you really hope you’re not ukrainian. Or, just, any Asians really.