• dubious@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    12 hours ago

i see the sarcasm, but now for a real question:

we are already seeing the things they warned us about years ago happening now. further unrealized warnings call for large habitat destruction. we could see large extinction events. the same people that bury their heads in the sand are the ones who stand in the way of legislating solutions to mitigate this. entire species of animals that are completely innocent could die because these ignorant people will block solutions. what do we do?

• linearchaos@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

Vote for who you can. Push to remove first past the post. Then vote for your best option.

Fund/work protests. Sadly there is little you can do alone to make a difference

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 hours ago

There have been plenty of protests over time but never anything big enough to make anyone in the government worry whatsoever. They’re not going to act until they’re afraid for their jobs.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 hours ago

Not sure, did you catch the footage of the massive Hong Kong protests?

They are not really considered successful.

• dubious@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                3 hours ago

yeah, that’s kinda my point. I don’t think protests mean shit any more. I think that’s a 20th century relic at this point. I wish someone would prove me wrong. I’m kinda being drawn to a single conclusion and I don’t see anybody else promoting any better ideas.