link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    3 days ago

I just checked and in Germany, Daddio is rated equivalent to PG-13. Is it seriously R-rated in the US?

• Foni@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

In Spain it is for those over 12 too, Americans have a strange relationship with sex. But in any case, if due to a breakdown you couldn’t stop on the screens, they should have put something for all audiences. I’m not a very strict parent, but I don’t want them to force my 5-year-old daughter to watch something for people over 13.

• Diplomjodler@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago

While this is funny, it’s a truly harebrained idea to forcibly show a movie on all screens. Just leave it off.

• BertramDitore@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

Well, back in my day it was totally normal for a plane to show one movie for everyone. There used to be one screen at the front of each aisle, and sometimes a few more that came down from the ceiling, but this whole personal entertainment system where you get to choose what you want to watch, is brand new relatively speaking. You used to get on the plane, find out what movie they’re playing, and choose whether or not to plug in headphones.

I agree though, if the system is broken, just leave it off.

• Diplomjodler@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

Greetings, fellow geezer! The difference is that those movies were easy to ignore. If it’s on the screen right before your eyes it’s going to be annoying.

• stoy@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago

“Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the captain speaking, we regret to inform you that the inflight entertainment system is broken on this flight.”

• xia@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 days ago

“no way to turn it off” sounds like BS. As if there was not a clearly labeled breaker in the cockpit.

• DavidGarcia@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago
    society be like

SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX

• HappycamperNZ@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago

Pretty sure in flight had a fuse to pull. Its a massive power draw, and can absolutely affect engine performance.

• ryannathans@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 days ago

Read the article lol, it’s a passenger saying they couldn’t stop the movie the staff played on the screens