• kirk781
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

I have a question from this article not directly linked to this phone though. In the charging section, they have compared multiple phones and how much they charge in 30 minutes. The top slot is occupied by a Samsung phone with 45W charging support and 4900 mAh battery. However, Motorola and Xiaomi both have almost similar battery capacity and still charge slightly slower despite boasting significantly more (67W) charging support. What is the reason for this discrepancy?

• limerod@reddthat.comM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 day ago

I’m guessing either something changed in their testing methodology, or Motorola and xiaomi both became slower for some reason, or perhaps samsung became faster and aggresive with their 45w PD+PPS charging. Because, other motorola and xiaomi smartphones charge fast at 40-50mins typical.

Even my own phone(not a xioami/Motorola) charges at a similar speed. In any case these speeds can change due to various factors like heat and usage. So, if your phone is hot it will charge at a different compared to if it was cool to the touch.

• IzyaKatzmann [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 day ago

i have a redmi k60u and it charges at 120w albeit with the screen off and with the charger that came in the box

it was imported so maybe that’s why they exclude it