The video posted by Cavender claims that deputies were dispatched to “speed” through Cobb County to respond to Sheriff Owens’ issue at a nearby Burger King. The video appears to depict the deputies running red lights and using their sirens.

When deputies arrived at the fast food restaurant, the sheriff leaned out of the driver’s side window and spoke to a recording deputy.

“Hey, do me a favor,” Sheriff Owens said. “I need to get- all I need is the owner’s name of whoever owns this damn facility, or the manager.”

The sheriff explained how he was given an incorrect order by a Burger King employee, asked for it to be replaced, and was denied.

• zaph@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 hours ago

“I was not in my uniform, and at no point in my interaction with the staff did I identify myself as a member of the law enforcement community,” Sheriff Owens said. “At no point did I indicate my position, nor did I ask the responders to do anything that they would not, had not, or have not done for anyone else who makes a business dispute call.”

Am I reading too much into this or did the sheriff imply people call 911 when a restaurant fucks up their order?

• affiliate@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      56 minutes ago

i don’t know what your experience has been, but 911 has fixed every restaurant order that i’ve called them about

• Zombiepirate@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 hours ago

They really triggered that cop’s aggression by not complying. There’s not a single word that pisses off a small-minded authoritarian more than “no.”

• ByteOnBikes@slrpnk.netOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 hours ago

The employees locked the doors because they were afraid Sheriff Craig Owens Sr. Was going to shoot on the place, as many violent psychopaths do when they get the wrong order.