link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 day ago

“My billionaire is a good one though!”

I’ll never understand people who try to step in and defend do-nothing billionaires - they’re all morality free nihilists who value profit above all else. They’re all ruthless.

• federal reverse@feddit.orgM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      15 hours ago

So is Trump/Vance good for business? For all I know that’s true of a few [types of] businesses only, e.g. fossil fuels are an obvious one. But to Apple, IRA-enabled investment opportunities may be more relevant than availability of fossil fuels.

• DarkCloud@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        20 hours ago

It’s impossible to know what outcomes Trump/Vance would produce and who that would be good for.

Could be anything from a hardline but peaceful form of traditionalist authoritarianism. To fascism and WW3 with internal purges and massacres of “the enemies within”.

I don’t think any of Trump’s plans will be good for business though because an increase in the wealth gap generally means you’re creating a deepening sense of monopoly and corruption, and that generally means richer people at the top, less casual consumption and money flowing in the economy in the lower-middle, and stagnation and poverty at the bottom (with the poorest squeezing by and only spending on essentials, possibly becoming homeless).

How long these outcomes take to form who knows.

But outside of that, the US economy is having a mild recovery and is generally in an upswing that should continue if which ever government gets in is stable and fairly sensible.