After 5 years my trusty old textured plate is wearing out and I’m in the market for something new. I print PLA, PETG, ABS, and TPU. There are so many choices now and I need some guidance!

• j4k3@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 days ago

The textured Prusa version is still best IMO, (for a textured sheet). I have one of the textured aliex bronze looking plates and the Prusa PEI film/Textured powder coat/Smooth powder coat. I pretty much only use the textured(s) for PETG. I use glue stick or modge podge 10:1 spray for ASA ABS and PC. Texture is irrelevant with adhesive and adhesive cleans off best from the smooth powder coat sheet. That is my universal go-to. I don’t like printing PETG in general unless I design for it specifically.

• Imgonnatrythis@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

Satin for the win. Use it for almost everything. It’s very versatile. For tpu I still use smooth with glues tick and every once in awhile if I’m having first layer issues or base warping issues, I’ll swith a PETG or pla print to smooth with gluestick (magigoo) 95% of everything else I love satin

• beeng
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

Got an aliexoress one, carbon one side, texture the other. PETG doesn’t work on the carbon side, but for textured side I love it.

• PlasticExistence@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

I agree with j4k3 that Prusa makes the best quality sheets, but I have also had great experiences with Triangle Lab’s stuff on AliExpress. Fysetc is good for how cheap it is.