• UlyssesT [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 days ago

That’s the mature offering that doesn’t condone what it’s gratuitiously presenting though, not even when it’s conveniently about graphically murdering teen idols in sensationalistic ways. The subtext is to be tsk tsking at it while gobbling up the visual feast of edgy sexual pathology. morshupls

• Llituro [he/him, they/them]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 days ago

This is what made attack on Titan such a titillating offering. The amount of murder the teen got to do was at a novel scale and personal cost. Also the fascist imagery was very popular, please don’t examine the justified in-universe blood libel.

• AmericaDelendaEst [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

i’m up to 2 isekai I can remember recently where the MC was like explicitly “no” about slavery, although only one had the MC literally go “I just came from a world with this shit, I’m not bringing this shit here” (i can’t remember the name of the show lmao i watch a lot of slop)

the other is spirit chronicles and it’s more like this girl is like “oh well what if you use this slave collar on me to trust me” and he’s like “ok i trust you throw that shit away”

• Beaver [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

Anime was so good when it was produced under conditions of unbelievable suffering.

It still is, but it used to as well.