I am not a teen.

• BottleOfAlkahest@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 hours ago

Nobody is arguing that all movies need to remove violence or sexy? Where are you even getting that from?

But no one here is arguing the problem is inherently with sex or romance…you pulled that assumption out of your ass. The entire point of this thread is that unnecessary sex or violence is a crutch of bad film making…

• TwistedTurtle@monero.town
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 hour ago

Nobody is arguing that all movies need to remove violence or sexy? Where are you even getting that from?

The comment I’m replying to (and quoted) literally said: “If violence doesn’t further the plot then it shouldn’t be in there either.” And plenty of people in these comments are arguing that if sexiness doesn’t further the plot it shouldn’t be there.

But no one here is arguing the problem is inherently with sex or romance

Again, the person I’m replying to was explicitly saying that forced romantic scenes suck, as if they are inherently a problem. I’m just saying I think the “forced” part is the problem, not the romance/sex/nudity. People here are denigrating sex/nudity/romance in film when what they should be mad at is bad filmmaking in general.

• AugustWest@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        42 minutes ago

That is literally what everyone else is saying. You are arguing with no one.

The problem IS shitty filmmaking. The specific examples of shitty filmmaking being discussed are pointless violence and pointless sex scenes that don’t contribute to the movie in any way.