For me it’s Diablo II. Granted I’ve played my fair share of D2 since launch, and also recently on a private server with a comrade from hexbear, but I still feel like years later the game didn’t grab me as much as D1 did.

Granted I don’t hate D2, but for a game that I keep coming back to, D1 takes the prize.

• KimJongGoku [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    18 hours ago

Warcraft 3 was my absolute favorite game back then, I must have wasted a thousand hours on just custom games through the years.

Needless to say, the followup being the somewhat successful Word of Warcraft made sure there would never be an actual sequel in a genre I actually like lol. And then much later they decided to “reforge” the game and the less is said about that, the better angery

• SSJ3Marx [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 hours ago

It’s wild that they bungled WC3 reforged when SC Remastered was such a home run. They even managed to shake up the pro meta a bit by fixing the old sprite limit bug and making Valkyries viable, and it turns out that doesn’t break the game!

• RamrodBaguette [comrade/them, he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      12 hours ago

I’d love to buy Reforged just for the fantastic-looking Warcraft 2 mod but I feel dirty paying any sort of money to reward that lousy attempt of a remake (and I don’t think it’s been cracked). Plus, I absolutely despise Battle dot net, so there’s that.

• Formerlyfarman [none/use name]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 hours ago

It’s cracked. Tho there were no ql improvements, so it’s somewhat clunky to play. The StarCraft remastered is also cracked. I did not know about the warcraft 2 mod, thanks.

• ColeSloth
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      12 hours ago

“Get yer finger outta that bunghole”

And the ever popular: “I think I’ll use my human call. I’m so wasted, I’m so wasted”