I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or just not using enough weed.

I’ve tried making cannabutter before but it’s a ton of work and all I get is a mild buzz. I’m experienced smoker with high tolerances but people have said that this shouldn’t be a factor with edibles because the active ingredient is different when it’s processed by your liver. This doesn’t seem true on my experience.

I don’t care about taste - I just want to get high. Yesterday I made ‘firecrackers’ with 1g of grinded bud that I had decarbed in 120C (240f) for 40 minutes. I had it covered with foil and was monitoring the temperature with electric thermometer. I then sprinked this on top of a cracker with peanut butter on it and covered it with another one. Again - after an hour I realized I was somewhere at [3] which I could’ve achieved by just smoking a joint with half of that amount of weed.

What gives?

• gigachad@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 hours ago

I admit the times I smoke regularly are over for a couple of years now. Tolerance is a thing, but my experience with edibles is that the effect is not as strong. The last time I baked the brownies I had 80% left because I expect them to be weaker. I gifted them to different friends who each smoke daily, they were very happy with the effects.

However, I think solving the THC in fat is the most important step of all. I baked a couple of times without decarbing before in the oven, I got high af as well. Try to focus more on the butter and be cautious with the heat (butter should very slowly make bubbles while cooking). I would be very interested to know how it goes.

Making edibles is definitively more effort than smoking. But it’s more healthy and you can make a lot of butter and freeze it if you plan to consume this way long-term.