I’m trying to setup an invidious instance with Docker, but it isn’t completing.

invidious_1 | 2023-08-27 17:23:46 UTC [info] 200 GET /api/v1/comments/jNQXAC9IVRw 479.27ms

It’s been giving the same message for over an hour, and I can’t connect to the web interface either. Any ideas?

• CumBroth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

That log entry is unrelated to whatever issues you’re having. That’s what the default docker-compose.yaml uses for health checks:

healthcheck:
          test: wget -nv --tries=1 --spider http://127.0.0.1:3000/api/v1/comments/jNQXAC9IVRw || exit 1
          interval: 30s
          timeout: 5s
          retries: 2

The fact that it returns a 200 probably means that Invidious is properly up and running. Could you elaborate further on what you mean by “setup isn’t completing”? How are you trying to connect to the web UI? Sharing your docker-compose.yaml might help us debug as well.

Edit: I just noticed that the default compose file has the port bound to localhost:

ports:
          - "127.0.0.1:3000:3000"

which means you won’t be able to access it from other machines inside or outside your network. You’d have to change that to - "3000:3000" to enable access for other machines.

• WhyAUsername_1@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

To add to this, are you running docker-compose up with a -d flag?

When I got into Dockers, I got confused when the docker command would not complete (i.e. get back to bash shell after completing the command). In docker, you need to specify the “-d” flag to run it in background (i.e. separate daemon)

One more point, when @CumBroth@discuss.tchncs.de says

You’d need to change that to 3000:3000.

It should be

ports:
            - "3000:3000"

• CumBroth
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Ooooh, good catch. I assumed “it’s been giving me the same message for over an hour” to mean that they’ve been monitoring the logs, not running in interactive mode. O_O

• KarcinogenOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Thank You! I changed the port settings and used the “d” flag and it’s working.