• AMillionMonkeys@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 hour ago

So this WON’T break the “Jellyfin” Kodi plugin? Just making sure it’s not the same thing as “Jellyfin4Kodi”.

• tkw8@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 hours ago

I can’t really think of a better example of open source software than Jellyfin. The product, the team, the culture… always evolving and improving. I’m here for it!

• corroded@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 hours ago

I use Jellyfin heavily, and it’s a fantastic project, but I really wish they would address the issues with transcoding, specifically the ability to force it on.

My library contains a decent amount of HDR (lots of DV) content. On my TVs (using Nvidia Shield), it will direct play the DV content, resulting in a green picture. If I turn on burned-in subtitles or drop the bitrate and FORCE it to transcode, it’s looks perfect. I’ve resorted to just setting a low bitrate on clients so it always transcodes.

I’m really hoping a future version gives us the ability to set more fine-grained transcoding settings per-client. Even the ability to disable direct-play completely would be fantastic.

• jasep@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 hours ago

This is great, but as someone who uses the Jellyfin4Kodi plugin daily: 😬😬😬

• Domi@lemmy.secnd.me
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 hours ago

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I will be staying on 10.9 for a little bit longer.

• gilindoeslemmy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 hours ago

Network path substitution is my jam and I am super bummed to not be able to use it. I love direct play capabilities for my clients so I am worried about upgrading to this version.

• Froghut@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 hours ago

Being able to save trickplay images in the media folders is my most awaited feature, awesome! Edit: the setting can be found in the library settings, just fyi

• SatyrSack@feddit.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 hours ago

Did they abandon the Flatpak package? The Jellyfin Player Flatpak is up-to-date, but the Server package on Flathub is at 10.8.13 and no longer listed on the Jellyfin website

https://jellyfin.org/downloads/server

EDIT: Looking at an archive from earlier this year, the Flatpak was tagged as “Community”, not “Official”. So I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised that the random packagers did not keep up with releases.

https://web.archive.org/web/20240104000907/https://jellyfin.org/downloads/server/

• krolden@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

Flatpaks really suck for anything other than GUI applications. I suggest going with docker/podman

• SatyrSack@feddit.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

I had no issue with it when I set it up on my Steam Deck. Setting up docker/podman through distrobox or something just seems like so much extra hassle compared to a Flatpak.

• Dessalines@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          36 minutes ago

The jellyfin docker is really easy to set up. And then you get the benefit of complete portability.

• wizzim@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 hours ago

In the GitHub release, it is written: This release is still building. Please do not attempt upgrades until this section is removed.

What does it mean? When will I be able to upgrade my installation?