When will the patches be stable enough that one would -with a reasonable degree of certainty- no longer expect save corruption anymore in the process? Because I will not, can not, do the first couple hours yet again at this point. I may roll another character when things have settled down and any further twiddling will be mostly cosmetic, but right now, no. BG3 is on hold for me now.

• Fubar91@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 个月前

You’d have to ask Larian support. I have yet to run into a save corruption issue in over 100hrs so far.

Does it corrupt all your saves or specifically just the latest?

• beebarfbadger@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      10 个月前

I only saw that the last one failed to load and one further down the list elicited the same message and then I broke. The loading times themselves are almost long enough as is to make me consider playing something else under the best of circumstances (especially for a heavy save-scummer like me) and not being able to trust the saves I do have in the first place just deflated any leftover enthusiasm right then and there.

• Fubar91@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 个月前

Oh that sucks, but also doesn’t sound like the normal behaviour most are experiencing with the game. Myabe try verification of the game files. Almost sounds like somthing on your end causing issues.

Id still reccomend making a topic on the Larian forums or yo their support team. They’d likely either have more info or potential solutions for your specific issue.

Cause i had 724 quick saves when i completed my first campaign run of 64ish hours and never experienced any abnormally long load times or save file courptions.

Worst i had was a bricked long rest cutscense that i was able to circumvent via clearing any pending new dialog options in the camp before resting.

• Skyhighatrist@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 个月前

I’ve also seen this happen. When I tried the exact same save again, it worked fine. But I’ve also seen it where the last 2 saves were corrupt, but the previous wasn’t. I hit F5 like my life depends on it, so I almost always have like 3 saves for the last 15 minutes.

• paddirn@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 个月前

I had an issue like this happen with cross-saving, I was trying to play between PC and my Steam Deck, it brought everything to a stop after having dozens of hours without any other issues on the Deck by itself. As soon as I tried to cross-save it ran like shit. I’ve opted to just run separate playthroughs (good/evil) between the two. Otherwise, no save corruptions.