When will the patches be stable enough that one would -with a reasonable degree of certainty- no longer expect save corruption anymore in the process? Because I will not, can not, do the first couple hours yet again at this point. I may roll another character when things have settled down and any further twiddling will be mostly cosmetic, but right now, no. BG3 is on hold for me now.

• Fubar91@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

You’d have to ask Larian support. I have yet to run into a save corruption issue in over 100hrs so far.

Does it corrupt all your saves or specifically just the latest?

• beebarfbadger@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

I only saw that the last one failed to load and one further down the list elicited the same message and then I broke. The loading times themselves are almost long enough as is to make me consider playing something else under the best of circumstances (especially for a heavy save-scummer like me) and not being able to trust the saves I do have in the first place just deflated any leftover enthusiasm right then and there.

• Fubar91@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Oh that sucks, but also doesn’t sound like the normal behaviour most are experiencing with the game. Myabe try verification of the game files. Almost sounds like somthing on your end causing issues.

Id still reccomend making a topic on the Larian forums or yo their support team. They’d likely either have more info or potential solutions for your specific issue.

Cause i had 724 quick saves when i completed my first campaign run of 64ish hours and never experienced any abnormally long load times or save file courptions.

Worst i had was a bricked long rest cutscense that i was able to circumvent via clearing any pending new dialog options in the camp before resting.

• Skyhighatrist@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I’ve also seen this happen. When I tried the exact same save again, it worked fine. But I’ve also seen it where the last 2 saves were corrupt, but the previous wasn’t. I hit F5 like my life depends on it, so I almost always have like 3 saves for the last 15 minutes.

• paddirn@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

I had an issue like this happen with cross-saving, I was trying to play between PC and my Steam Deck, it brought everything to a stop after having dozens of hours without any other issues on the Deck by itself. As soon as I tried to cross-save it ran like shit. I’ve opted to just run separate playthroughs (good/evil) between the two. Otherwise, no save corruptions.

• Bleeping Lobster@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Are you using any mods? One mod I was using seemed to stop working, they had an update available but had also deleted all the old versions and was refusing to provide them as archive. I updated the mod and it broke my game.

When I let them know this, fortunately for me they re-enabled archives. By recreating the exact same mods, finally I was back into my save… 26 hours not lost, thank fuck. I totally get where you’re coming from as I was not up for trudging through the first two acts again (why do the PCs move so slowly?!)

• beebarfbadger@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Living from patch to patch in the knowledge that maybe some obsolete mods or current mods or incompatibilities between a patch and the alignment of the moon’s left side may well annihilate all my progress once again at any point in a game the size of BG3 does not heighten my enthusiasm to play right now.

• mothersprotege@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I don’t think it’s a cause for concern. There was a hotfix right after launch that affected some people’s saves, I think, (I haven’t encountered any issues) and they immediately rolled it back. They’ve released one major patch so far, and I haven’t seen any complaints about savegame integrity. I didn’t play DOS2 at launch so I can’t speak to the history there, but I’d be very surprised if save corruption was an issue with this game. They’ve got a zillion people playing it right now, the last thing they want to do is piss them all off.

• Garden_Ramsay@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Try turning off cloud saves for specifically BG3. Each time you quick save the file is about 10 to 20 MB, so default game settings give you 25 quick saves and 25 auto saves, plus any manual saves you did. If you play long enough in a single session you could be having 1GB of save files steam tries uploading after you close the game. If you have slow upload it could take awhile and I’ve seen people close steam too quickly or crash and it screws up the in progress uploads. Turning off cloud saves will stop that. Just backup your saves elsewhere just in case.

• SokathHisEyesOpen@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

That might be a system specific issue you’re having. I played 160 hours across PC, and PS5, just beat the game last night, and haven’t encountered any save file corruption.

• Gutless2615@ttrpg.network
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Tf do you think we would know? FWIW I haven’t had any issues since the first hot fix. Ymmv. But a bizarre question to ask here.

• bookmeat@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Over 200h here without any save corruption. Having said that, try the game without save scumming?