Utopia? Flying jetson cars? Mole people living underground? Everything’s on fire and humanity ends? I’m just curious about anyone’s thoughts in general 😀

• Ciari@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Giant ugly concrete buildings with tubes connecting them because it’s too hot to go outside. Children haven’t ever seen the sky except for in photographs. There are vents everywhere to keep the buildings cool, but it’s still hot. The majority of social interaction will happen over the internet because everyone is isolated into their own “apartments”. Thankfully, due to the mass pushback against billionaires hoarding wealth, everything will be cheaper. Everything gets delivered by AI robots/drones to families through amazon or some other delivery conglomerate, there is no in-person shopping. This includes things like groceries.

I really hope it doesn’t end up like this, but based on how things are going, that’s my unfortunate expectations for the future.

• taladar@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thankfully, due to the mass pushback against billionaires hoarding wealth, everything will be cheaper.

I am not as optimistic as you.

• Lifecoach5000@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Well in that scenario, I think we surely would invent suits to let people at least go outside and perform tasks. Still bleak af tho and not too far fetched maybe