• Jeffrey@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

The Daily Brief - I have been subscribed to their daily email newsletters for about 2 years. It’s been a helpful way for me to stay vaguely aware of the most major global news events. I appreciate that each news story is condensed to a single factual paragraph without speculation or an imposed narrative:

TRUMP INVESTIGATIONS | Multiple media outlets reported yesterday that the U.S. Department of Justice has issued a target letter to attorneys for former President Donald Trump informing them that Trump is the subject of a criminal investigation related to the retention of classified documents at his home in Florida. Such target letters typically indicate that prosecutors feel they have substantial evidence linking someone to a crime. [more]

This is from one of their news briefs that came out yesterday Thursday, June 8, 2023. Notice that what is stated is purely factual and does not impose a narrative. The Daily Brief is a useful tool for getting a quick idea of what happened in the world yesterday, then you can read more about specific news events from other sources.

• Coolbootyjames@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Like others said, this is excellent. I also always just used reddit to stay informed, and it wasn’t always the best at doing that. I really like this cut the bullshit approach