I have just started and look forward to reading your experiences.

Have fun all.

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Here where you can find a creature for the Hot Blooded Milestone:

Planetary Address

Planetary Address to Hot Blooded Milestone#

It is the planet Myon XV in the Awarri-Ivnok System. It is a Hello Games system.

Creature to look out for

Hot Blooded Creature

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Finding a creature with a pH lower than 2.5 is extremely challenging. Did anyone find one?

Edit: Grammar

• Assassin4@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I saw that the issue has been fixed so I just travelled here. I hadn’t been here before so scanned this creature as a new discovery. I now finally have the achievement, thanks!

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Nice. Now we must just hold off scanning this one until this bug is fixed.

• kid4today@feddit.uk
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I got impatient and just did the whole expedition again making sure to make a beeline for the creature transcendant posted.

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I just went there and strangely enough the achievement didn’t trigger. I had that planet on my list of scanned planets already, though.

• Bleeping Lobster@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Ah that’s a shame, I’m guessing you might have scanned it already?

Hopefully they manage to fix the bug long before the expedition ends. I’ve had to leave my setup behind for a few days and can’t wait to get back exploring.

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Possible. Just kept searching. Eventually I found one that worked. That’s it. This was the most time intensive expedition so far for me.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago

I think also that was kind of the point with this one, to encourage exploration instead of just ripping through it as quickly as possible(guilty of that in previous expeditions). I’ve really been enjoying that aspect of it; I’ve been playing since day one and a lot of the ‘wow I’ve not seen this before’ effect had well and truly worn off. So for me it’s been a good opportunity to see the improvements to fauna / flora gen. Though imo biomes, buildings, flora and fauna proc gen is what they really should be focussing on at this point… why does every space station look like one of two models, why does every minor settlement look the same, why does every trading post look the same (I know there’s sort-of a canon explanation for this with it all being generated by the Atlas but it makes exploration pointless and boring once you’ve seen them more than twice)?

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                10 months ago

Rumour has it that the space stations are due for an overhaul at some point. Let’s see how that statement of mine ages. 😄

More variety on the planets would also be welcome. More biomes, more biomes per planet, more variety in flora and fauna, add rivers, jungles and desserts.

As for buildings, flesh out the settlements. They seem to be the start of something, but what? The outposts could use a few more models, I agree, maybe with a few more procgen inside.

So many ideas. So much potential. NMS is super broad. It needs depth, IMO.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  10 months ago

Stuff like this always makes me think, why not get the community involved? While not everyone has the ability to design in programs like blender, there are other things that can be outsourced.

One idea I had was to make a request for writing; create an absolute ton of text for Vykeen, Korvax, Gek (and now Autophage) in their general style, someone at HG proof-reads and selects what they feel fits the canon, assign them to personality blocks (eg angry, sad, pensive, sarcastic, scared, happy). When interacting with a particular creature for first time it’s assigned a block number, then each interaction with that entity would call a random paragraph from that ‘block’ of text.

Similarly, opening up the engine and allowing users with the ability to 3d model to supply building, creature models etc would massively increase the variety

• kid4today@feddit.uk
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

After doing some searching around it seems that unfortunately the ph level milestone is bugged.

The milestone and wonders page is actually tracking the highest ph instead of the lowest ph. I can confirm this with my own experience, my lowest ph was 3.6, I scanned another animal and got a message saying new record low but the ph level went UP to 4.2. I then scanned another animal and got the message again saying new record low and the ph level went up again to 4.3.

The only way to get this milestone done at the moment is to make sure that the very first animal you scan on a toxic planet has a ph below 2.5, otherwise you’re screwed. Hopefully they’ll patch this at some point.

I’ve seen ppl encountering this bug on xbox, PlayStation and PC, don’t know about switch but I would assume they have the bug too. Apparently if you’re on PC you can use a save editor to reset the wonder and then go to a planet where you know there is an animal with a ph below 2.5 and scan it first. Not tried that myself as I’m on Xbox.

• Jeff Rose@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I noticed that too. The first animal I scanned was 2.7 and it’s only recorded higher values from there.

This Expedition has been kind of annoying and the rewards aren’t even that good. 🤷‍♂️

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Done with the expedition. Except the pH one.

Waiting for a fix now. The upcoming patch doesn’t seem to have it yet.

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Latest patch:

Fixed an issue that could prevent progress in the Voyager’s Expedition milestone to find a creature with corrosive blood.

🥳 On to acidic adventures!

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Thanks. I am affected. Need to wait for the fix.

Some of these values I don’t see anywhere in the HUD when scanning. Where is the pH level? Or the aggression level? Or the horology ratio of planets?

• kid4today@feddit.uk
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

It’s not in the analysis visor info. You can only see these values if it’s a record, then it gets recorded to the wonders section in the pause menu.

Also, if you select the milestone as your current mission it will show you your current record in the bottom right of the HUD.

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

That’s a shame. Wish we had more info. Clearly the game has more info about each item in the game than it shows us.

• kid4today@feddit.uk
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

No. That and finding a hostile planet are the only 2 things I have left to do. I’ve visited dozens and dozens of systems.

Let me know if you find either of those.

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Found a hostile planet which qualifies:

Voyagers Expedition | Hostile Planet Details

Eissentam galaxy, of course.

Also, be careful. It has aggressive sentinels waiting at every corner. So best to land, get out of the ship, feel extremely hot and get back into the cosy ship. Leave and hope no one saw that.

• kid4today@feddit.uk
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Oh you absolute legend!

I started playing at 12pm today and finally gave up at 6pm. 6 hours! I must have visited more than 50 systems without finding a suitable planet.

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Will do. If anyone finds these ones, post a planetary address, please. Can’t promise I’ll use it, but I don’t want to fail this expedition. So maybe. 😄

Am looking primarily in green systems. There’s a toxic planet in almost all of them.

Edit: Found a hostile planet

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Here where you can find a creature for the Hunter/Killer Milestone:

Planetary Address

Planetary Address for Hunter/Killer Milestone

It is the planet Aieus S3 in the Oishida System. It is a Hello Games system.

Nice: on that planet I also found a creature that gave me a wonder for “Largest Auqatic Lifeform” and an aggressive plant for “Longest Lived”.

The creature you want

Creature for Hunter/Kiler Milestone**

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Here a message from the NMS Discord:

the ‘wonders’ entry only updates with higher values, and the milestone wants 2.5 or lower, so if you scanned any creature with ph above 2.5 it will not be possible to complete at this time

• brsrklf@compuverse.uk
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Not sure I understand. Does it only count the first creature you scan on a planet? Or the first creature you scan at all?

I guess in both cases I’ll wait for a fix, even if you get one chance per planet I don’t like these odds.

• Einar@lemm.eeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

It counts any creature you scan. I can say that with confidence, because I must have scanned 6 Million of them.

• brsrklf@jlai.lu
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

If anyone else is still missing the tall herbivore, there is one on Efkad, planet of the Sivikmiyn I system (it’s a rendezvous system, so you had to pass through it).

You’re looking for a big gray insect creature with hairy legs and a thorax/head a bit like a mantis. It’s rare, lives on ground, and is always active.

• Jeff Rose@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I didn’t realize it had been released. I’ll have to start it when I get home.

Honestly, the rewards don’t look that great, but that’s mostly because the new content in the Echoes update was so good.

• Sigilos@ttrpg.network
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

The Ph Blood bug is fixed! Not only that, but you have already scanned a creature that qualified, just reenter the atmosphere of the planet where you scanned it, and the expedition will update and complete, even without landing. Can confirm this works on PS4.