Shitposting is what ruined reddit, which would be a great place for serious discussion if it weren’t for the shitposting maniacs who just can’t let good people enjoy pictures of kittens and assertions of respectable politics without lampooning them with ironic memes and foul language.

If these fledgeling platforms want to compete with reddit then I say delete this sub so we can focus on serious things like Donald Trump and superhero movies.

• Aer@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

You can block communities you don’t like. I advise anyone to block this community if they don’t want to see it

• sentient_loom@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Nope, I’m here to save your souls and to save the soul of the nation. I’m here for the long run. You can expect a full critical analysis of every shitpost.

• benni@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Your idealistic view of shitposting may sound coherent in itself, but it lacks any basis in reality. Humans aren’t machines who can give monotonous and one-sided output indefinitely. Every action has a reaction, and every serious post requires its corresponding ironic shitpost to keep the mental balance in order. I’m not even saying that a compromise needs to be made, but rather that they are different sides of the same coin. No internet community, it is said, can grow to heaven if its shitposts do not reach down to hell.

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

You (a sociopath) may think that shitposters are a necessary casualty of the internet wars, that they belong at the “children’s table” of the internet where serious discussions are met with mockery.

But I (a good person) know that these shitposters have the potential to better themselves, and through themselves better the world, by posting thoughtful content instead of the steady stream of drivel and waste that poisons communities and turns sons against daughters, mothers against uncles, and pets against emotional support animal companions.

• Nanachi@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

if meme: I like destroying peace and calm of social media websites

if not meme:

spoiler

this is c/lemmyshitpost, what do you want us to do here? Discuss how the industrial revolution ruined global society as we know it?

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Your belligerent attitude is unbecoming of a sophisticated internet user.

what do you want us to do here? Discuss how the industrial revolution ruined global society as we know it?

If anything the industrial revolution launched global society. There is less starvation and disease than ever before. But we didn’t get there by shitposting.

this is c/lemmyshitpost

That’s right. I’m delivering the word where it is needed most.

• Nanachi@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

trolling momen

spoiler

I don’t know about you but not everyone uses Reddit/Lemmy for primarily serious reasons. Besides, this place is called “lemmyshitpost” for a reason- people want to post rather profane memes and they want to do it somewhere, and this place is for that. Without this place, the “shit” in question gets into other places. You coming to this specifically secluded place and asking us to talk about more “elite” topics is like asking the landfill manager why there is trash everywhere.

also the industrial revolution thing was a joke lol, I was referencing the Unabomber

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

this place is called “lemmyshitpost” for a reason… You coming to this specifically secluded place and asking us to talk about more “elite” topics is like asking the landfill manager why there is trash everywhere.

That’s why Jesus hung out with whores and pimps and thieves, because they were the ones that most needed to hear his message.

I was referencing the Unabomber

It makes sense that you would be a fan of the unabomber. Shitposting is basically terrorism.

• ExFed@vlemmy.net
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

That’s why Jesus hung out with whores and pimps and thieves, because they were the ones that most needed to hear his message.

And here I thought it’s because Jesus was a whore, a pimp, and a thief. Nobody likes an overachiever.

Good thing all those boring, overly-serious, mellow-harshing Pharisees and Sadducees were perfectly righteous and didn’t need to hear anything about repentance or grace or forgiveness or any of that stuff. It’s a sad thing they didn’t, because their honesty and earnest listening skills were legendary.

• Nanachi@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

Don’t blame us for not understanding the art and seriousness of shitposting. Also if shitposting is basically terrorism, than we are on a watchlist, lol. Cool thread, will leave now.
            Also, since this is the Internet we are talking about, to “avoid” getting trolled, I will respond in reaction images only for this comment until further notice. Nice talk.

• Aer@lemmy.worldM
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

If this is the greatest meme of all time I commend the troll, I don’t talk about starvation because the world is shit and there is only so much negative information you can consume before I want to succumb myself to being a meat patty beneath a sky-scraper.

This is for people to have a laugh and joke about things, if you’re not interested. That’s cool. Power to you; but me personally, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life consuming everything negative, being angry and bitter about the world and trying to change things I can’t change because the powers at be have the money and wealth to make it impossible.

If you want intellectual debate, and sophisticated conversation a place dedicated to jokes, memes and shitposting is obviously not the place Block the community and be on your way, but I’d advise spending less time worrying about circumstances you don’t have money/power to change as it’ll only lead you down a path to misery.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

That’s a lot of fine words but the message is clear: nobody needs my critical analysis of shitposting culture more than you. You’re clearly locked into the seventh layer of the shitposting inferno.

But I am here for you. I will show you the errors of your ways. I will cure you. I will make you respectable, coherent, emanating wellness.