i love you. be the best you can be.

• fckreddit@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I am uglier than a hippo, I am about as wonderful as shit flying in your face.

• paddirn@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Is that the only reason anybody is worthy of love then? Because they’re beautiful? You’re just looking at appearances, ignoring the poor, downtrodden, and ugly people amongst us, who, according to you, aren’t worthy of love. You just want to be an Aryan Barbie girl in an Aryan Barbie world.

• Hazdaz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Those are a whole lot of false assumptions which you absolutely can’t verify. That lays down the baseline that OP is in fact a liar. So if they can lie about that, then the natural course of action is to assume everything they wrote is a lie. Thus they do not actually love you and you should not be the best you can.

• Baby Shoggoth [she/her]@lemmy.blahaj.zoneOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

someone made this community and posted it to the new communities community going others would post here without bothering to even make their own post here, so i’m co-opting it for the power of love 💕

• everett@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

i’m co-opting it for the power of love

Love was co-opted and commodified decades before you were born. Of a 1965 MoMA print edition, the artist remarked “It was the most profitable Christmas card the museum ever published.”

• PrettyBlackDress@lemdit.comM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Obviously your perception is skewed to think that everyone is beautiful, wonderful, and worthy of love. You weren’t paying attention and automatically included murderers and all other convicted felons. Also, with this statement, you might as well have said, "except for all of you struggling with social anxiety " you’re making it obvious that they lack the social ability to form human connections. Because we all know this is something they never hear anyone tell them and now you’re just reminding them of how lonely they are.