• lobut@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I would totally take an ebike everywhere if I could find a place to park it where it wouldn’t get stolen.

The ebike transmission looks interesting with low maintenance. Here’s to more of this!

• Ben Hur Horse Race@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Where do you live?

I have a very highly rated fuck off lock and insurance for a full year is around €200 here and the city is kind of known for bicycle theft and I ride it everywhere. My ebike is hard to tell that it’s an ebike, and I’m rough on my bicycles and let the paint chip etc, so it looks beat up (when I keep it in very good mechanical order)

• lobut@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Canada. The Greater Toronto Area … I have the Kryptonite lock, I think the Lock Picking Lawyer recommended it. I have trouble taking either my road or mountain bike with it despite the lock. Too many incidents in the past with people stealing my bike has scarred me.

I used to have a heavy AF bike that got stolen and was rusting and all that … certain parts of the city back then you couldn’t leave anything.

• BastingChemina@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

What I’ve learned from dutch people is that you need to have at least two lock to really lower the chance of getting your bike stolen.

A solid U lock plus a frame lock should be enough to make the next bike more attractive to steal.