It runs at 30fps on all the lowest settings on a 2070 with 64gb ram and an i9-12900K.

It is quite possibly the worst performing game I have ever seen. It’s a piece of crap.

Glad I didn’t pay for this shit. And I will not. 🏴‍☠️ The writing and worldbuilding is probably AI and gutter tier liberal political takes anyway.

I am absolutely stunned by just how badly this thing runs like omfg I run Elden Ring at 120fps at the same resolution. What the fuck is wrong at Bethesda? I’m so mad about this I just played Armoured Core at a rock solid 144fps and it is so jarring to go from that to this absolutely horrific performance.

• drhead [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My husband is playing it on a 3090 and whatever the 9th-generation i7 unlocked is, with the highest settings and FSR enabled, running on 1080p. 45fps in cities which is brutal. 70-80 in typical areas. Strangely, he just tried it on the lowest settings and experienced no change in FPS, and furthermore the CPU is at 100% (good on them for multithreading!), that suggests it’s likely a CPU issue. Weird then that it’s running so poorly on a 12th-gen i9, that should be ripping through it.

• CheezyWeezle@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Definitely a CPU issue you have there, my i9-12900k and 3080ti are running high-ultra settings at 4k with a solid 60fps in New Atlantis. Checking Task Manager shows 100% GPU usage but only 40-60% CPU usage.

• Awoo [she/her]@hexbear.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

My CPU isn’t anywhere near 100% it’s the GPU getting toasted to 100%.

Oddly enough power draw is only at 60% of the total that the GPU can draw, this leads me to believe that the usage is not accurate. I’ve seen higher power draw.

• CheezyWeezle@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Usage % is kind of a misnomer, as it is specifying the amount of processor cycles are being used, rather than how much of the silicone in the hardware is being used. You can have a really inefficient and heavy operation that uses a tiny part of the hardware, but eats up every processor cycle, and have 100% usage with barely any thermal output or power draw. For example, writing a small script that reorganizes an extremely long list of items can use every processor cycle and bring the system to 100% usage, but it is only operating a small portion of algorithms on the processor and not actually using a lot of the hardware. So that 100% usage is likely accurate.

This basically means that the game is rather unoptimized, or at least using heavy technologies that don’t use all the hardware but take a lot of time/effort to do.