Since it’s so quiet here, why not a general question to get things started? How often do you have sex (however you define it) and how often would be your ideal? And any details you feel relevant.

We are mid-50s and the kids left at home are teens now so family responsibilities are eased (more free time) we average just over 1x/day, and my ideal is once or twice a day.

• qqqqtoast@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Mid 20s. Never had sex. I feel like daily would be ideal, but I don’t know if that would actually be true due to my lack of expereince.

• RBWells@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Well I hope you find someone who can keep up with you, when you are ready to start.

• Green pelican@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Lucky you! I get once a year max - she has low libido due to some psychological issues, although I’m doubting whether that’s the full story. For me a few times per week would be ideal.

• RBWells@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Oh no! I had dead bedroom with my ex but husband and I are similar in sex drive, that does make everything smoother. I hope y’all can get closer to your ideal, once a year sounds frustrating for anyone, her too I’d imagine.

• RVAcenobites@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

We (25M/25F) average once or twice a day but it depends on the way the winds blow you know. Sometimes more sometimes less but we try for at least once before bed.

• musicalcactus@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

We shoot for at least once a week. My partner would prefer 1-2x per day, for me I waffle between a couple times a month to a couple times a day. We’re currently working on our communication both in and out of the bedroom to try to improve on that.

We have kids and stressful jobs, so that plays a role too.

• sasygle@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

[M]y wife and I are mid twenties, live on our own. We have sex usually once a day a couple days in a row and then none for a week or two.

Both of us have reasonable libido but we’re usually horny at different times of day so it just doesn’t line up super well. The sex we do have is really good though.

I also masturbate daily and she does sometimes as well, though less often since we got married I’m told.

• HornyFrodo@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Wife and I (both late 30s) do it about once a week. I would like to do it more often but we have a toddler and both work full time so it’s often the case that one or both of us is exhausted at the end of the day.

• akassou@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Early 30s here, and I think once every 10 days or so on average. We became parents this year, and that definitely drains the energy

• CombedSpaghetti@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Typically 1-2 times during the weekends. Work stress keeps the weekend only theme fairly consistent, but the frequency otherwise feels ideal

• chdrchyz@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

We average about 3 or 4 times per week. We would both do it more, but 4 kids and the need for actual sleep keep us from and everyday occurrence.

• Lana@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It depends, mostly on how consumed my local girlfriend is with work. When she’s not on a major case, usually once a day, or 2-3 times if we are both off from work on the same day, though that doesn’t happen often. Otherwise, a few times a week with more casual partners. I’ve only been in the same place as my distance girlfriend once, but that was a crazy fucking week.

Ideally, at least one long fuck and a couple quick ones a day. Though I wouldn’t say no to more.

BTW, I’m not cheating; everyone involved knows it’s not exclusive. ♥

• full_newt@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Probably 3-5 times a week most of the time. Sometimes we’ll go a little while doing it every day and sometimes we might go a week or so without it. Frequency depends largely on how busy we are or how stressful work is.