• Negative_Pair_5694@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Also lemmy.world is extremely slow in pushing out messages to other instances, if at all. So leading the pack is not necessarily the best thing until you figure out scaling.

• terribleplan@lemmy.nrd.li
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, they should really consider not accepting new users until that is figured out, honestly. There are plenty of servers out there that people can join at this point. Too much centralization in a decentralized system for my liking regardless of instance scaling.

• UrbenLegend@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, I’ve been missing a ton of comment replies from lemmy.world and it’s frustrating. I am wondering if it’s because they’re still on 0.17.4 instead of 0.18.

• NebLem@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah I think that’s the main issue. Hopefully 18.1 can be released soon so they can upgrade too.

• RQG@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

No I think that is just you telling lemmy.world the message which sometimes can get stuck. Only after the message was sent will other instances sync with lemmy.world if they are federated.

• Pixelologist@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Thanks for the link, unfortunately this is still affecting me. I’m gonna make an account on another instance for the time being

• Solo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

The server has already been upgraded 3 times. I’m sure they’ll upgrade again if they’re seeing issues. They might not know if it’s an external issue.