• 0 Posts
  • 13 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 9th, 2023

help-circle

• I won’t stand any ads on youtube. Getting blasted with 5 times the same ad at 300% loudness. And premium does not really get rid of it as well, they would have to forbid sponsored content. Every time ads start to slip through adblock I will happily spend hours trying to block them instead of watching a single one. If they don’t want me to watch the videos for free they can easily put them behind a paywall. Or do some reasonable pricing if they need infrastucture costs covered.

However I don’t mind sending a couple of bucks towards content creators that I watch regularly. That will easily be worth more to them than watching ads even for the rest of my life.

• For uBlock:

! YT Homepage - Hide the Shorts section
    youtube.com##[is-shorts]
    ! YT Menu - Hide the Shorts button
    www.youtube.com###guide [title="Shorts"], .ytd-mini-guide-entry-renderer[title="Shorts"]
    ! YT Search - Hide Shorts
    www.youtube.com##ytd-search ytd-video-renderer [overlay-style="SHORTS"]:upward(ytd-video-renderer)
    ! YT Search and Channels - Hide the Shorts sections
    www.youtube.com##ytd-reel-shelf-renderer
    ! YT Channels - Hide the Shorts tab
    www.youtube.com##ytd-browse[page-subtype="channels"] [role="tab"]:nth-of-type(3):has-text(Shorts)
    ! YT Subscriptions - Hide Shorts - Grid View
    www.youtube.com##ytd-browse[page-subtype="subscriptions"] ytd-grid-video-renderer [overlay-style="SHORTS"]:upward(ytd-grid-video-renderer)
    ! YT Subscriptions - Hide Shorts - List View
    www.youtube.com##ytd-browse[page-subtype="subscriptions"] ytd-video-renderer [overlay-style="SHORTS"]:upward(ytd-item-section-renderer)
    ! YT Sidebar - Hide Shorts
    www.youtube.com###related ytd-compact-video-renderer [overlay-style="SHORTS"]:upward(ytd-compact-video-renderer)