I’m currently up to the part where they’ve split up after Shadar Logoth and Perrin+Egwene have just met Alyas.

Only now though did I remember that foreshadowing is a thing in this series and that I may already be able to pick on the meaning of some if knowing plot points from the show, but also maybe I could be keeping a look out generally.

Without any spoilers for the rest of the story … anyone have any guidance on whether I should keep a look out for foreshadowing and if so what sort of things I might want to look out for, especially anything that’s likely to link up with seasons 1 and 2 of the show (as I’m unlikely to catch up to the show before the end of season 2)?

• HuntressHimbo@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Yes, many characters good and bad will try to pass themselves off as things they are not. You’ll see this from both perspectives at various points too. For one example what a character calls a myrdraal can tell you where they are from, and what they call an aes sedai can clue you in to some political leanings. Some of these foreshadow pretty large events